Show reviews that mention
customer service service computer customer laptop support phone problem warranty order
Filter review

Dell Laptop Computer

I ordered a Dell Laptop. The Product Key isn't right one,the latch to keep top down doesn't work and the letter O doesn't type. I"m sending back to u and want it fixed or my money back. It was a gift for my Granddaughter's Birthday. I called about Product Key and it wasn't of any help. I called Duracom and another 800 number but they of no help. So please respond soon.I have all the pkging and will send back if I don't here from you. I want the problems fixed please.
Hesston, Kansas
Loss

DELL taking and not giving back!

I purchased a laptop computer from DELL. Some extra finances came up shortly after that, so I sent the computer back to stop payments. However, I was still billed for the computer and had to finish paying it off! When THEY have the computer! I payed off a computer that I don't even have. TALK ABOUT A RIPOFF!!!! I recommend using another company that cares and works with their consumers. They led me to beleive that the payments would cease if the computer was sent back. They lied and took advantage of the situation. I finished college without a computer that I really needed. So thanks for nothing DELL!

That makes no sense at all. I have had good experiences and bad experiences with Dell, but there is now way that you had to pay something off that you returned. I could see there being a restocking fee that you had to finish paying off, but whenever you send something back, they credit you the amount.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Dell Laptop
I purchased a laptop from Dell in the US and configured it for my father-in-law in Puerto Rico. Then, I shipped it to him. Now I want to transfer ownership (and Dell support) to him. Dell has a "Transfer Ownership- International" page. I entered all of the...

They have a serial number from where any service guy knoDell say it is 15-20 business days and no feedback on submit or during the process. Could be that the business is like a francize in other countries and they do not care about other countries - other plans, other salaries, other bosses, who cares

At apple I just gave my USA or Romania tablets to my international truck driver, he left them in Austria at a service and took them back at return. They have a serial number from where any service guy know the whole history of the device and the warranty. You do not need Artificial Intelligence or Hadoop database to do that.

They do not care

w the whole history of the device and the warranty.

You do not need Artificial Intelligence or Hadoop database to do that. They do not care

View more comments
Memphis, Tennessee

Dell xps-420 computer ***

#Dell Support Request:XPS/Dimension#DFH##22Audio #AutoReply# (KMM7870****I57L0KM) Latest reply to a non resolving of a problem with my Dell Computer. Have used the online service they never resolve the problem, customer service sends emails as case number above but never gets back to me. I would advise anyone thinking of a new computer to stay away from DELL they will not follow up on complaints and will not resolve the problem. I have had the problem with the computer since the day I purchased it. When it goes into the sleep mode and than is restarted part of the usb ports are disabled and the computer has to be turned off and restarted. Dell tec. sevice has taken control of the computer but with not results of solving the problem. They will not call me back and will not send a tec to the house the computer is under warranty.

What the *** does that comment have to do with the Dell problem, If this is what this site is about I will remove my name!!!!!! :?

i do not need extenze.com your suff do not work for me i do not got samim i hard on i do not feel neer thing it dos'not work for me i got it on thurseday i tay one on thurseday it do not work no 1/2 hard on i tork two on friday not a 1/2 of haed on so im stop my refeld

View more comments (1)
Boulder, Colorado

Dell's gray-market sales

Buyer beware of Dell’s unscrupulous sales on the “gray market” of computers with no serial numbers!! I bought a Dell NL-25 laptop (for $1799) from a reputable store-- the then-Price Club-- in 1992, in good faith, believing it to be backed by Dell. When the laptop needed repair (on of the lid hinges and attached wiring began to disintegrate), I contacted Dell, and was willing to pay for the repairs myself. It was then that I found out that the laptop had no factory serial number and Dell informed me that, yes, Dell does sell some products without serial numbers, etc. In a Catch-22 situation, they said that they could no nothing to help without a serial number, suggesting that I seek redress from the seller instead. By then, unfortunately, Price Club had merged with Costco, and the latter felt no obligation whatsoever either. I was surprised by Dell’s lack of responsibility and indifference to customer problems caused by Dell business practices. I know the statute of limitations is long past, but I wonder if Dell still engages in the same deceptive practices. I have certainly never again bought a Dell product and have advised others not to do so.
Atlanta, Georgia
Loss

Dell is the worst company and their tech support is even worse

I just wanted to say that I will never ever purchase from Dell again. They have no regard whatsoever with customer service and their tech support overseas is absolutely horrible. I own a laptop that I spent over two thousand dollars on 13 months ago. I purchased every upgraded warranty that I could get my hands on to protect it and give me peace of mind. Ten days ago it stopped working completely. They replaced every single component of the computer and it still does not work. The system is flawed and is dead yet they refuse to replace it. Instead, they want to keep running diagnostic tests and sending more parts. Since they have replaced every single component on it and we have spent no less than 20 hours on the phone with them, what more can they do at this point? They have an obligation to me to replace they defective product but they do not. I am now looking at legal action I can take. I urge you all to please consider another manufacturer for computers. Dell is not what they used to be. They care nothing about their customers and they outsource their technical support overseas to save a buck. They do not care that they are angering all their customers in doing this. Please consider another manufacturer unless you want to deal with problems that Dell obviously does not care about.

I completely agree with you, I had the same problem with my computer, but I think that I was more patience on that, but I wont buy DELL anymore.

I had a problem with my computer, and as you said, they just sent new part and new parts, and the computer still having the same problem, some parts were replace twice and some three times, but the most *** thing was that a technitian came one day to replace the motherboard, and another one came back the next day the replace the motherboard again... can you imagine how much time I lost!!!

Actually, the computer still having the problem, and now... finally, after two week of fight with customer care, technical support and an supervisors, they are going to replace the computer, and that will take one week to order and another week to deliver it... More than a month, so, believe me, this technical support just sucks, they lie to me several times... and actually this is not the fist time that I had problems with this computer, every time that I have a problem, probably take me about a week to solve it.

An another thing, is about the Diagnosis test, those are such an inaccurate test, because I was having problems with my fan and my harddrive, and the test still saying that everything was ok, even when I was turning on the computer says that I have a hardfrive problem, they just run the diagnosis and pass it, and they said.. the Harddrive is fine, doesn't need to replace it, after a week of complaints they finally decide to replace it, they dont ever care about the customer, or custormer thoughts, :( I think they just wanted you to give up trying to solve the problem and buy another computer... no way... I know some people doesn't complain because I was a very cheap computer, but you have to... Actually I paid more than 2000 USD for this one, but even if I pay only 700 USD I'll complaint about it.

Can you Imagine the amount of money that I lost because this computer is not working for more than 2 weeks and I still dont have a solution, cuz I have to wait two weeks more to receive the new one?, I can even buy a new one, yeah... but that one will be an apple.

My advice is... if you are going to use your computer for work, never, but never buy a DELL, even if you are under the business program, mine one was under the business program, because I used to have one in the home and office program but it takes a lot of time to solve the problems, so this one I bought it under the business program and still taking the same time to solve a problem: FOREVER.

So, don't buy it if you are planning to use for business, cuz you never know how long that will take to solve the problem and how much time you will spend taking in the phone (pretty much is like 95% waiting for somebody to help and 1% saying you information that at the end of the day the guy in the phone will ask always the information that you put in the phone, and 3% transfering to one department to another, and NOBODY will help you!!!).

So, if you paid 2000 uss for a laptop, at the end it cost you double for the time that you lost and the money that you lost because is not working.

But, if you are a very.... veeeeeeerrrryyyyyy... i mean super verrrryyy patient, that you can wait months for somebody to help solving a problem that you computer might have.... I'll carefully recommend a DELL because it's cheap, without taking into account the money that you will lose because the computer is not working.

I forgot this other thing, they supposed to have an history of your computer issues in the system right? But this doesn't work, because everytime that you call you have to explain the problem, and if they transfer to somebody else, that somebody will ask for the problem again, and if that guy try something to solve and doesn't work will transfer to another guy that will ask you what happend again an will try the same thing that the guy before, so... why they give you a case number... it never works... so I suggest, If you already have a dell, don't let them transfer, try to... because they will keep transferring and transferring, take that guy an dont hang up until they solve the problem, but first take all the information of the guy, cuz when they get tired, they used to hang up, and you have to start over again !!!

:( With the information of the guy that was with you in the phone, you can write back to the supervisor and complaint about it... anyways... they'll never do anything if you write a friendly letter to the surpervisor, you have to be picky with the service, and write a real letter explaining how frustrated you are with the problem and the hurry that you have to solve the problem, otherwise they never gonna put attention on the letter.

You know, I spent my whole life calling to DELL and now I have experience how they treat you and everything, so it never has to be like this... so if you need some advice, I'll be glad to assist you... (I'm starting to sound like a dell technician.. jajaj).

Mission Viejo, California

Dell Computers

My son was trying to pay off an acct with Dell. After much haggling they agreed on an amt to pay and the bill would be considered paid in full and reported to the credit reporting agencies as such. My son paid the agreed upon amt. and now Dell is refusing to report to the agencies. "Your acct has not been paid in full and we consider what you paid as a payment and you are still responsible for paying the balance." How can a business agree to accept an amt and then back out of the agreement after you have paid that amt. LIARS
International Falls, Minnesota

Dell's Lying Inept Tech Support

I have had the worst experience with Dell Tech Support. I have had the same problem with my Inspiron D530 since I bought it several weeks ago. I reported the error mssg to Tech Support and they attempted to correct the problem three times. Now they keep promising to call and help me over the phone. They schedule the call and lo and behold no call. I have bought 5 Dells in the past and I can guarantee I will NEVER buy another one. Now I have a $1000 paper weight that I cannot view pics of my children and grandchildren on. Thanks Dell, for missed appointments, missing work, staying up late, and loads of frustration

DO NOT BUY DELL...TECH SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

I used to recommend Dell to my newbie friends because of its friendly tech support. NEVER again.

I paid $287 for in-house 24/7 weekend and holiday service. Spoke to some Indian who said I have to identify the problem, do-it-yourself since the only in-home service I'd get was delivery of needed parts: No tech service at all!

Dell rhymes with smell.

Lying, thieving, crooked, swindlers. I should have spent the $287 at Circuit City, where they gave me a new printer when mine died.

I am having the same experence and they just don't give a dam if you or I or any other consumer buys again. I and my family will NOT ever buy Dell again. They just SUCK and I have they end up in some other country, it is to bad for their employees that do care

I'll NEVER buy DELL...EVER !!!

I would not take a DELL computer if someone offered to GIVE it to me !!!

All DELL knows how to say is 'We Can't.'

Shipment was NOT on time, for starters. 2 days promised, 6 days delivered. Conversion deadline was missed because of it, with NO compensation on DELL's part. "We CAN'T" they said. They tried to point the finger at the company they hired to ship/represent them-DHL. Then, the wrong operating system was installed on the machine, and there were no correct operating system CDs with the product.

When asked to simply send the proper CDs, they again replied: "We CAN'T". After over 5 hours of pleading on 3 separate calls, I gave up. On each call an outsourced person (sounded like from India on all of them) repeatedly did NOT want to provide the needed customer service warranted by THEIR OWN ERROR. There was NO INTEREST or concern in correcting their problem.

They repeatedly told me to send the machine back. I wanted to keep it...I just wanted my software as promised and as paid for.

When I asked to speak to a manager at least 10 times in succession on 1 call alone, it was denied very smoothly by first agreeing and then putting me on HOLD for over 5 minutes, after which I hung up and retried. Seriously…they have a LOT of managerial complaints if it takes that long for escalation in custome service. Then, we played the same HOLD game/results for management the next 2 times, with longer waits. (This is how they keep from getting bad ratings on their call log, as it probably shows no mgmt involvement, only that the customer hung up.)

On one call, I asked that they read me the last call entry. It stated that the customer wanted a different operating system than what was shipped and the customer was unwilling to pay for it. CLEARLY an out and out LIE. They either cannot document in English properly, or they do this so as NOT to receive bad marks for poor customer service. 2 of the reps said the CDs would be sent. NO RECORD of this in the calls. Never got CD's 'promised'.

Yes, the DELL machine was returned. It's like they don't want to sell computers. Strange company.

I have NEVER experienced so much useless "We CAN'T" drivel from ANY customer support group for anything. Over 5 hours total!!! PITIFUL. Remember, you're paying for a years 'service' included in the price, but you WON'T get any service, just 3d world runaround and empty promises.

You get NOTHING from DELL. Zero service and less satisfaction.

BE SMART... DON'T buy a DELL if you EVER feel you will need to talk to a knowlegeable, honest, American based support rep that has been empowered to make true Customer Service decisions.

I'll be correcting my mistake. I'll NEVER buy DELL...EVER !!!

View more comments (4)
Lincoln, Nebraska

Dell Inspirion 1720 LapTop Horrific Experience All Around!! OMG

I purchased my Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop with the wireless router and wireless printer back in March/April. Immediately I had major software compatibility issues between Windows Vista and the wireless printer. In addition to that Windows Vista made the computer screen flash and do other crazy things. I called Dell Customer Service to fix the problem and was on the phone with a very, very, very hard to understand rep for about two hours!! Eventually the problem got fixed by the person taking over control of my computer through the internet. Well after the rep "fixed" my printer problem she created a new problem for me. I kept getting error messages recommending me to shut my computer down. Also if I left the computer on and didn’t return to it for more than 45 minutes or so it would apparently "shut" itself down and when I tried to start it again it would come up recommending starting in "safe" mode because it was shut down improperly. Once again I found myself on the phone with tech support for waaaaaaay too long with another person who was seriously hard to understand again!! I got no where with her because she didn’t know what she was doing and sounded like she was reading solutions from a computer screen or something. I couldn’t stay on the phone with her after and hour or so because I had to tend to my two children under the age of 3 yrs old! I called back and finally got so aggravated again because AGAIN the Dell tech support person was so hard to understand that I demanded them to return the system completely. They agreed but then called me back to try and convince me to keep the thing. I said only if they send me a new one and take the old one back. I was hoping I just happen to get a "lemon" computer or something. Well the new one arrived and same problems!! printer problems, self shutting down, hours on the phone wasted with tech support who are very hard to understand because they speak very broken English (they are out of India apparently). I had no time to deal with tech support at this point and needed a functioning computer for school and work so I had to pay my techie friend to come and fix it for me. Finally that did the trick and the computer worked. Even the wireless printer worked. By then Dell Customer Service called me to check and see how my experience went with their tech support and I unloaded to him all of my on-going problems. I demanded I be credited some money off of my system due to my horrible experience and due to how much time I literally wasted on the phone with Dell tech support. If I am to keep this Dell computer it needs to be worth my while as a customer. The representative said he would get back to me after he got permission from his supervisor for the credit. Well this rep went out sick and did not call me back after days passed by!! I left two messages on his VM (which did not say he was out sick by the way) to ask if I would indeed be receiving my credit. In the meantime my first statement arrived for payment on the system and I was NOT going to pay it until I heard back from the rep about my credit. Because if I was not going to be receiving the credit I had told him I may just return the computer for good I then called another Dell rep to tell him I had not heard back about my credit after repeatedly leaving messages. He then got in contact with the original rep and finally the original rep called me and told me he was out sick and apologized to me. By this time my payment would have been considered late and he told me "don’t worry" just pay two months when I get my next statement. I said fine. He told me I was granted the credit that I requested. Next thing I know and before my next statement came, I get a call from Dell Credit telling me I need to pay my "late" bill!!! What the heck!!! I tell the Dell credit person that I was told not to pay it until next month's statement. She said to avoid a "late" charge I should pay over the phone right now and that they would even waive the pay-by-phone charge for me. WOW. Aren’t they great? At this point I say fine Just to get her out of my hair and I pay by phone. Well I receive my next statement to see a "late" charge on there. OMG I scream!!! I call Dell credit and they remove the fee after I tell them the story. I receive my next statement and send my payment out on June 6th. It was due June 10th. Enough time to go from Pennsylvania to Illinois. Apparently they did not get it (or did not post it) until June 12th. And there is no grace period apparently. So I get ANOTHER late fee. I promptly call Dell credit to complain and demand that the late fee be removed. They then tell me that they are only allowed to remove one late fee within a 12 month period. I am furious at this point. I explain to the Dell credit rep that the first late fee removal should NOT even be relevant because that was not my fault. Still, the rep refused to remove the fee from my account. At this point I tell the rep I will be paying off my entire Dell account next month minus, of course the ridiculous "late" fee. And that I will NEVER pay that late fee because it is not justified. I explain that I have A-1 credit and have never had such problems with a company in my entire life. I pay all of my bills on time and don’t deserve to be treated this way by Dell credit. So now here I am disgusted and appalled with the entire Dell Corporation and ALL of it's departments including; Tech Support, Customer Service and Credit. I will never, ever buy anything from Dell again and will advise all of my friends and relatives to do the same. I will post this on every "complaint" site I can to share my experience with and warn other consumers about Dell’s dysfunctional employee communication and products.

:eek :grin 8) :p :sigh ;) :roll :) :eek :? :cry :( :x ;)

I too have had total frustration with Dell tech support on my 1720. I have had problems with the internal mouse since day one.

Have contacted Dell 8 times without any resolution. I even tried contacting Dell headquarters to complain, good luck with that.

#20385

I've had a similar experience with Dell. My previous laptop from them, the 1550 with the XP OS was a little workhorse.

So I was excited to upgrade to the Inspiron 1721 with a larger hard drive, bigger screen, more stuff. Unfortunately it also has the Vista OS, which I am so not impressed with! It crashes DAILY. Often several times in a day.

I've reinstalled the OS more times than I can remember.

And anytime you call the techs in the Phillipines, they always want to get you off of the phone as quickly as possible. I'm so bummed out with my $2000 paper weight.

View more comments (2)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Dell VIsta, horrible support services and computer services

i recently purchased a Dell XPS m1330. although i was adviced to not get XPS i went ahead after the salesman told me that there would be no problems. as a result i have had nothing but problems . Not only is vista an awful program and i truly have the Vista blues, but each encounter with the dell technician is a nightmare. the first attempt to correct a Vista problem took a day of running tests. Each test could continue several hours. in two months i have had 3 problems. ALL related to this vista program or problems when they have made revisions to vista. If a product is purchased from a store it usually can be serviced or returned. and not in this case. I even purchased the extended warranty service. i have never complained about a service before but i am so angry at this product and the problems i have encountered. i think Mac is the only way in the future.
Barrington, New Hampshire
Dell Warranty
Loss

Have a letter to pay cod

I have recieve a letter to pay cod. for my dell laptop pc. when I called they said they would send it when I send the shipping & handling. So which is it? No one picks up the phone. the letter states clearly to have a check or money order ready when the package arrives. I have received other things from you with no problem and now I have please reply to my e-mail. I don't want to call the better business beaure to report a conflick of business. So please send me my laptop which I paid for thank you Pamela Avery
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Service
Dell Shipping Service

Dell - Shipping Order

I ordered a laptop and a carrying case from Dell. I received a laptop but no carrying case. Now I walk around carrying laptop in my hand without a carrying case. Complained few times ... but nothing yet. Also, when I try calling Dell during weeknights/weekends to check the status of my carrying case order, the automated operator says call during day time. However if I call during weeknights/weekends and choose to option to order a new purchase, they'll answer my call. Once they get your money (from the order), you've to deal with them during their working hours only. What a service from dell ....
Toronto, Ontario
Service
Dell Shipping Service

Dell computers - laptops self destruct

dellclassactionlawsuittx@***.com last October we purchased these two swell lap tops, the melted hard drive of one being that which is currently playing on youtube. They have both been enormously problematic off and on since day one. They eat Word Perfect files that have already been saved. They go to sleep at random times. They eat I-tunes files. They eat graphics (Adobe) files. They eat Internet bookmarks. They run slow. Their Internet connections are poor. They run VERY hot. Fast forward to present day: within days of each other, both systems completely failed. Service tag number 52S said Error Code 7 and after a few hours of frantically trying to save files to a portable hard drive, one couldn't even turn it on. J87 said error code 5 and would barely, haltingly boot up. Calling service techs over in India, it took almost two hours to convince them through an amazingly incompetent trouble shooting process that the hard drives were basically dead. But eventually, they are convinced and "sorry for the inconvenience." So they send us new ones, and we install them. Easy enough, except for the loss of that thousand dollars of software that cannot be reinstalled (video editing, song-writing), not to mention the huge hassle of reloading all the other software we can reinstall, the permanetly lost files, etc. And just because the hard drives now work, that doesn't mean these boxes are not otherwise defective, time bombs still waiting to explode. The computers still run unbelievably hot. As hot as putting your hand in an oven hot. That can't be right, can it? Maybe that's why the hard drives melted. Maybe the problem is caused because the computer battery can only contain 14.8 volts and the power adapter puts out 19 volts. Not such a smart idea really, to have such a disparate amount of power. What sort of trouble shooting does Dell provide when one of these things burns down the house? I suppose the techs have been trained to say then that they are very, very sorry for the inconvenience. But back to my story. So, when we took out the old hard drives, as you can see on youtube, one was oozing skin-burning pink goo. The other was merely rippled and bubbled. These products were, and probably still are, defective. I do not want to wait another six months until they are out of warranty and watch these new (excuse me, not new, refurbished!) hard drives melt, or my house burn down, or see whatever other atrocity these lap tops hold in store. I want to return them and I want my money back. I am putting this out on the web as well as contacting Dell.

Your defective battery was made by Sony, by the way.

"Maybe the problem is caused because the computer battery can only contain 14.8 volts and the power adapter puts out 19 volts."

It puts out more voltage in order to charge the battery. Nothing wrong here.

I have Dell computer.

And works perfect

I would never purchase dell anything. They have inferior worksmanship.

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California

Uninformed customer

May 9th 2008, we purchased a Dell destop computer from Best Buy. When we had a few problems and tried for tech support we were advised by Dell they do not offer tech support or ANY warranity when you purchase from Best Buy. We had purchased the in store warranity and Geek Squad advised us they are not allowed to speak to us bring in the computer no matter what the problem. Had to purchse close to $200.00 worth of in home extended warranity before we could get tech support. NEVER were we told that this was not covered by Dell Corp. Customers should be advised of this before they purchase. Dell corp. said that is the way it is.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dell Desktop Computer

Dell 90W AC Adaptor cannot be regognized

I own a a Dell inspiron 9300 -- I am on my second 90W-AC power adaptor -- I was on a business trip and suddenly the computer no longer "recornizes" the power adaptor and will not charge the battery. I read on the net they put some kone od chip in the adaptor to recognize the computer adaptor match -- now the portability of the laptop is useless -- it will not charge the battery -- likely I have to buy a third adaptor -- why doesn't my computer "recognize" that the chip failed and send a message to deal to send my another one? -- Dell you suck.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan