Show reviews that mention
customer service service computer customer laptop support phone problem warranty order
Filter review

Dell computers double billed for a computer and dragging feet to give money back.

A friend of ours ordered a computer and printer and used paypal. Dell charged him twice for the computer and printer and now he's out $1,000 until they decide to reimburse him. This man was homeless and is in a wheelchair. And he will be homeless again if the money isn't returned. I was on a bank account with him and they took $600 out of my account because he was overdrawn. Michael is going to hear from our lawyer! We have also talked to the state consumer affairs. Anyone have this happen with Dell? Beware of Dell! Joanne

I had purchased a 07 honda civic in july of 2007. 62,000 Miles and only two and a half years i have a cracked block.

Coolant leaking from beneath my car caught my attention. I thought it might be a loose hose or even cracked. 45 minutes later after having the dealership look under the hood, I have an estimate of 4,568.98$!! They said the enging block had a crack and was in need of a replacement.

How can this be?!

Then come to realize that im not the only one. Can we please discuss this issue.

Norcross, Georgia

Dell Deceptive Practices

I am lucky I live in NY as our atty general has filed a suit against Dell and its deceptive practices. My desktop (CPU only, I did not need the rest) which I paid a steep price for died soon after being received. A tech was sent out and my hard drive was replaced with a refurbished one. I paid for a new one. The refurbished drive is corrupt. I have contacted the atty general. If you live in NY and have a Dell problem, contact Andrew Cuomo atty general. The law suit covers bait and switch (refurbished rather than new replacesments) fraud (Dell Financial Services), unhoroned warranties and more.

Your warranty states that they can use refurbished, used, or recycled parts to repair your system. NOT NEW parts.

Read the warranty that came with the system, you agreed to this when you turned the system on.

Better to get a HP/compaq next time.

Brooklyn, New York
Product
Dell Desktop Computer

Dell financing

I bought a DELL INSPIRON from Dell with the intent of 90 days no payments or interest.I got a bill less than 2 weeks after the laptop arrived saying my payment was due in 10 days! I called Dell Financial and told the rep. I had 90 days,he said (in very broken English)we are not a bank and do not just give money away,you must pay what you owe. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he is.and it didn't matter. I asked him where he was and he said where I couldn't see him..This was outrageous.
Reston, Virginia

Dell Black Friday Scam 2007

I was Christmas shopping online on Black Friday for a gift for my Husband & being a long time customer of Dell of numerous high ticket items I was searching their site for the perfect gift 4 my Husband (TV) & came upon an ad for a Sony Bravia KDL 46inch LCD HD-TV...the page I found this on did not have an advertised price so I clicked on the "ON SALE NOW, click to see YOUR Price" which popped up "Your lowest price" $699.00. Instead of ordering online I decided to speak to a sales rep so I could confirm that this is a new product as opposed to refurbished & that the price on the ad is exactly matching the product without any hidden fees, besides shipping. I spoke to a sales rep named "Princess" I asked 4 her extension in case I had any further questions, which she gave me & after both of us making a verbal contract repeating exactly the item I was purchasing/price/addt. shipping cost/delivery time & my authorization to charge my Dell Preferred Account. Everything seemed fine until 2 weeks later when I was delivered a 26in TV...which I refused delivery stating wrong size & immediately attempted to contact the sales rep whom I made the contract with @ her "personal extension" but after speaking to Dozens of svcs reps from every continent its obvious another lie is being able to call your rep back if I have any further questions, they offered to credit my account & sell me the correct size TV with a 10% discount!!!! I demanded the correct TV for the advertised price immediately for delivery before Xmas & to honor the verbal contract made on Black Friday...which they refused although stating it was totally their fault due to a product ID error....I DON’T READ PRODUCT IDs!!!! I have spoken to Dozens of tiny cust svcs reps from all countries, wasted many hours of my cell phone minutes, missed an entire evening of work due to stress (I'm 8mo pregnant), I have all the paperwork (incld. the fake ad which enticed me to make a purchase) and even recorded a couple stressful conversations with svcs reps admitting Dell’s fault!!!! I am a long standing customer of Dell with Many high ticket purchases, I make above the min monthly pmnt and this is the treatment I get....A SCAM! I honestly did not want this matter to escalade to court & the Media...but that is Exactly where this is going if I do not receive satisfaction in this matter…the resolution to Dell’s shameful scam is to simply, Immediately Express Deliver the correct Sony Bravia KDL 46 inch LCD-HD TV for delivery before Christmas & in addition to that I also deserve the APR and Finance charges to be set @ 0.00%/$0.00…with No Expiration… and $1000 credit to my account…effective immediately.
Norristown, Pennsylvania

Tech Help

I bought a Dell Computer about 10 years ago . Several years ago it crashed and I called Dell and was not satisfied with the customer service I got direct from India. Just recently I hooked it back up and decided to try to get some tech help again. To my surprise I connected with a very knowledgable tech who told me although my computer was very outdated he could help me.He talked me through rebooting everything on the computer and reinstalling all the software. He stayed on the phone with me for over 2 hours and my old computer is working great! He suggested I get some more memory for it but I was totally satisfied with his service and made sure I got his direct line and e-mail for any future problems. Sometimes you get good help and other times it may be bad .Just keep trying.
Clementon, New Jersey

Free Error Scan - Problems with Dell

So I googled "Free Error Scan",and got this. I couldnt even download it because the page after the e-mail address and serial number,I clicked on 'REGISTER NOW" I got only enough space to put my e-mail address and thats it. I needed my name, but there was no up/down arrows. Okay, im not what you can call an expert on computers.But I know that it shouldnt be like this. I have a DELL OptiplexGX1 race, so I dont even know that if this is the normal thing. I dont know! Oh, Jesus. Im a bad-tempered person.I dont give anything anymore. I'm too pissed. If you need me ill be playing online games. Later,=RASPeR=

This is the only rep in DELL worth a ***! No wonder dell stock down! With your Bangladesh and Manila outsourced *** C/S agents, and the cabol of *** you have working in C/S~ I am amazed- DELL is still around!!

Couple this with the *** phone connections, and horrible *** music you make people suffer to,while one holds for support on C/S dialed phone numbers----

Not much about DELL is acceptable!

I have said *** it~~~ I am sending back the Dell 830!! The *** you have working for you refused on multiple occassions to send out Next Day service, on a *** computer! The LED screen has dead pixels scattered about! The touch pad is not adjustable- so it must be bad!

Couple with that, the instruction manuals sent to me, were in Mexican~` what the *** do you think!!!

So DELL sends me a duplicate computer!!! Your quality C/S *** are telling me. to transfer the hard drive from the one to the replacement! So I ask, what the *** is the 3 year Warranty I paid for?? Next day service!!!! I am not a tech, and it is not my responsibility or contractual obligation, to change DELL computer hard drives!!

My experience with DELL C/S sucks! I am filing multiple BBB complaints and also Chamber of Commerce complaints, and thinking of filing a law suit as your C/s agents besides being ***, went beyond the bounds of Tort Law!!!!

I can not imagine what it is costing DELL for your *** ups, and my sending back the computer!!!!

I heard from the DHL driver , he is picking up DELL returns all the time, and he asked me what was wrong with DELL! I said Michael Dell!!!

Appears DELL will go as CROCS, a ugly *** looking plastic shoe, or in DELL's case, outclassed by the competition!

HP, makes a business laptop, and I am getting one PRONTO!

Screw DELL and the horse Michael Dell rode to town on....

I can not think of one nice thing about my experience with DELL, this time around!!!!

DELL sucks! Type that in a search engine and find out how many share my sentiment!

If my experience is common, I am shorting DELL stock!!!!

Happy Trails,

RB

Toronto, Ontario

DELL COMPUTER!!!

Buyer beware!!! I will never ever buy a Dell product again. "Customer Service" is an absolute JOKE! "Tech Service" is an even bigger JOKE! Eternal holds - Transfers to India and around the globe!!! LIES - and even more lies abound!!! What started out as a question to reduce the icon size on my desktop has resulted in "technicians" in India who have deleted my business files - deleted programs - Re-configured my computer to the point it is completely ruined! Let's not talk about the "MYSTERY" surrounding contact with getting to speak with anyone from the Home Office in Texas! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Do you people want to know why the customer service and tech support are substandard, and have moved overseas? Because you, the precious customer whine and caterwaul for cheap computers and the only way to get you a laptop for $399 is if we cut out things that are expensive, such as American tech support agents.

Remember when computers were no less than $1000? It wasn't that long ago, and it was back when service and support was outstanding.

I have been in corporate IT for over 10 years. My experience with Dell has largely been very positive from the corporate side. My experience with Dell on the consumer side has been a bit different, and due to my recent experiences with Dell, specifically Dell Financial Services, I will no longer be recommending or purchasing Dell equipment on the corporate side either.

I have had 3 dell laptops in the last 5 years, and 2 of the three died right after the warranty expired. I am now on my third Dell laptop (again this for personal consumer use). My wife and I are going through a personal financial crisis, and we are currently unable to pay our monthly bill for the laptop.

Dell Financial Services blatantly engages in illegal collection practices. If you check out the FTC website there is a list of things creditors are not allowed to do.

DFS calls my house several times a day. Once they called 13 times in one day. We sent a certified letter to DFS telling them to stop calling, and they are now still calling once a day. We have explained our situation to them, and they treat us like we are the *** of the earth for not being able to pay our bill. I am not saying I will never pay this bill, I just can't do it right now.

Their illegal and unethical collection practices have driven me to hate Dell.

I will be reporting them to the FTC, and I am betting they are treating other people this way as well. Class Action Law suit time.

I have NEVER posted any comments or opinions online, however, I feel that I must contribute to the ones posted about DELL...Everything that has been stated is true...I have also been treated the exact same way when calling DELL and all I was trying to do was PAY MY BILL!! One is constantly rerouted to departments that are not open or disconnected after being on hold forever...

You would think that a computer company would have this vital aspect of their business figured out! If purchasing a DELL take heed and purchase something else...the frustration is not worth it.

I suggest that everyone who gets forwarded to India make a tape recording of your conversations. I too will NEVER buy a Dell Product again.

On one morning alone they transfered me 14 times (that's right fourteen) between tech service and customer service - never once fixing the problem (got it on tape). The problem - the I/O magic external drives had a flaw and they were sending them out to customers KNOWING that they had a high probability of failure (the representatives own words - on tape - "for training purposes" of course). For over 9 months and 3 replacements I had NO way of burning a CD! Then another "Tech Supervisor" couldn't get the preloaded Audio Player from the default play list - Control panel wouldn't work, Settings wouldn't work - finally they said, "I'll have to transfer you to another technician, or you'll just have to uninstall the program entirely!" They installed an automatic override in the software so that MS Media Player would not become the default!

They I checked the files of the "preloaded software" - only to find out that my netbook was a return, that they sent me out and didn't even cleanup the garbage that Norton found when when I ran Systemworks. Great job Dell - service straight out of ***!

did you even think to use the help menu in your computer to find out how to do this yourself?

sorry,but if you can't find out how to and change the size yourself, maybe you should find a computer literate friend or leave it alone. I mean that is a simple thing to do yourself. why call support to find out what you could read?

Oh, as I can see from most posts on here~ no one wants to read anything for themselves....they'd rather blame others for telling them wrong.

I had the same experience as the comments above. The people in India are horrible.

They don't care. They lie to you, hang up on you, and are not willing to help at all. I bought 3 mini laptops before Christmas and only received 1. My order was changed and so I did not get the second laptop until after Christmas, and my third computer order was cancelled.

Now I had to reorder it, and they would not give me the previous price even though I have documentation showing the sale price.

I also got charged for shipping when I was not before. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL AGAIN.

the OP is a troll.

I have had the same terrible experience. It was an absolute nightmare.

I have been bounced from department to department without a solution. I have been denied to speak to a customer service manager. I will never buy DELL again and I will strongly discourage anyone from buying DELL.

I am so upset that I can't not even stand to see DELL written anywhere! DELL is horrible.

"curious what might have actually caused this"

:x

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just came across this post. I'm sorry to hear this was such an ordeal and am curious what might have actually caused this.

Changing the screen resolution or other display settings should be a fairly straightforward task in most cases. Also, many of our newer systems are shipping with more options for backing up data so hopefully one of those was in use. If you have any questions or need help with something, do post back.

Neil