50 views
1.1

I purchased a new Dell XPS 15, series 9500, in mid-June 2020 for my new small business. Since my purchase, I have had a series of minor issues but Dell was always able to fix the issue over the phone until 12/03/2020.

On 12/03/2020, I contacted Dell because my computer would not boot-up/start.

After +/- 15 minutes on the phone with a Dell service tech, the service tech decided my computer likely needed a new motherboard.

A new motherboard for a less than 6-month old computer.

The service tech I talked with hardy hid the fact he couldn't care less about my problem or my loss of business.

I asked to talk with a supervisor who did call me back in a few hours. We discussed the issues and although he acted more appropriately, he offered no effort to really dig into the issue, get my part promptly sent to the service tech and get my business up and running.

After dueling service email updates, I contacted Dell service by phone on 12/08 to check on my repair timing. I was informed Dell was out of motherboards and did not know when more were expected.

I was however assured that Dell was working hard. I am now waiting for another supervisor update.

So I am now on day 4 without my new business computer, trying to limp along on my over 12-year-old previous personal HP laptop but safe in the knowledge Dell is working hard.

My suggestion; Avoid Dell as their product is of poor quality and their service is of little value.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Xps 15 9550 Laptop.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Dell Pros: Ease of ordering.

Dell Cons: Poor proiduct, Poor product with poor service.

Location: 6402 Bonner Drive, Hazel Dell, WA 98665