I purchased a brand new, latest model laptop for almost $1500. What I got was a dud.

From the moment I started using it, I had problems, and the problems came one after another. I documented that I was on average having a major issue every week to two weeks. I spent hours and hours on the phone with tech support. Often after hours of them trying to fix a problem, they would find they couldn't fix it.

Then they started to tell me that I have to PAY for tech support! And yes I did try to return it, but they refused, stating I only had 2 weeks from the order to do so, even though the device was clearly faulty. In a compromise, I asked that I could at least exchange for the same device, but one that actually worked. Again they refused.

In the process, they were extremely rude and even hanged up on me multiple times. The fact is, customer care is in some far off land oversees. There's no accountability, clearly no training, and once they've got your money, no care. Do not think my experience is unique.

Look at Better Business Bureau's site. It is full of complaints against Dell echoing mine. Look at the Headquarters site, again terrible reviews. Some worse than mine.

One woman received a smashed device and they outright refused to refund or exchange. Another man, a NYC attorney, unfortunately, purchased about 30 devices for his business. They weren't functional. It had disastrous effects on his work, as he couldn't contact clients or access their case files.

Again Dell did nothing about it nor cared in the least.

In the end, I was fortunate to get my money back by disputing it through VISA. Do not buy Dell and if it's too late, dispute it.

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy Dell.

Preferred solution: Stop the scamming and start operating as a legit business. Train your customer service team, monitor them, and have accountability. .

Dell Cons: Faulty defective device, Non-existent customer service, Lousy return and exchange policy, Useless tech support, Scammers.

Comments