I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery.I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no spare battery.
A week after I bought, the system, the printer went on sale for $200 less and Dell wanted me to send the printer back and reorder the same printer to get the $200 price break! Does anyone think this sounds a bit ridiculous? I was also advised that the 9 cell battery that was offered didn't even exist! When I complained about not getting the battery, I was treated like a criminal and a liar.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, and the person responding from Dell tried to justify the $200 price difference issue, and requested pictures proving my position. I found it interesting that in the past 3 days, this laptop was removed from their website! Fortunately for me, I took pictures of the offering and proved my claim of false advertising! Having bought many computers from Dell, I was willing to pay more for the great service I have received in the past.
I will never buy from Dell again. This will cost Dell tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Additional, I could only speak to someone in India who did speak good English, but had extremely poor comprehension. Their people in India have no clue of the legal system in American and our system of accountability.
Buying from Dell is no longer worth the frustration. I am a 50 year old small business owner who previously spent 10 years with a Fortune 50 company.
I am well respected by my current and former colleagues and will ensure they are well aware of Dell's false advertising and horrible customer service!I have this thing that Dell currently lacks...CREDIBILITY!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Spare Ac Adapter
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an antenna from www.antennadeals.com. I have yet to receive my antenna or a refund, which I have requested. I have emailed them quite a few times, with only..."
- "This is to seek your assistance Regarding my purchase of dash cam which I bought last January 21,2015 delivered in my house,but was not working.they told me to video the..."
- "I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first..."
- "I have had my Hyla for 15 or more years. Love it. Never needed cust service. Starts and works perfect every time. No comparison to the other ones. I guess..."
- "The state of Utah moved to shut down these telemarketer scam artists by filing multiple felony charges against Aaron Vincent Christner and Ryan Scott Jensen. Hopefully this will help keep..."
- "I (stupidly, from what I have found out) purchased a 1 year XBox Live code. I was supposed to receive it within a couple of hours. That was on Saturday...."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."