I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery.I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no spare battery.
A week after I bought, the system, the printer went on sale for $200 less and Dell wanted me to send the printer back and reorder the same printer to get the $200 price break! Does anyone think this sounds a bit ridiculous? I was also advised that the 9 cell battery that was offered didn't even exist! When I complained about not getting the battery, I was treated like a criminal and a liar.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, and the person responding from Dell tried to justify the $200 price difference issue, and requested pictures proving my position. I found it interesting that in the past 3 days, this laptop was removed from their website! Fortunately for me, I took pictures of the offering and proved my claim of false advertising! Having bought many computers from Dell, I was willing to pay more for the great service I have received in the past.
I will never buy from Dell again. This will cost Dell tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Additional, I could only speak to someone in India who did speak good English, but had extremely poor comprehension. Their people in India have no clue of the legal system in American and our system of accountability.
Buying from Dell is no longer worth the frustration. I am a 50 year old small business owner who previously spent 10 years with a Fortune 50 company.
I am well respected by my current and former colleagues and will ensure they are well aware of Dell's false advertising and horrible customer service!I have this thing that Dell currently lacks...CREDIBILITY!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Spare Ac Adapter
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I applied for a position with 3D Printing, Inc. in July, 2013. This job posting was found on Careerbuilder.com. On July 11, 2013, I was accepted for the position of..."
- "I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from GearBest.com and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there..."
- "I am a Gearbest customer from less than a year, I made a lot of orders from this site and all went perfectly. Product assortment is very wide, you can..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "Luigi Filosa of COSTRUZIONI E PRODOTTI EDILI DI LUI, SANT 'ANASTASIA (NAPOLI), ITALI-ITALY, has run away from several large invoices. Maybe he is hiding in Slovenia? Some say a company,..."
- "One word, do NOT fall in to trap of IKEA kitchen sales.We ordered an entire set of cabinets, flooring, and counter-tops from them (IKEA draper at 67 West IKEA Way..."
- "ordered two dresses based off their size charts. one is size of a top so i wear it as such, would've liked it to have been a dress as the..."