I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery.I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no spare battery.
A week after I bought, the system, the printer went on sale for $200 less and Dell wanted me to send the printer back and reorder the same printer to get the $200 price break! Does anyone think this sounds a bit ridiculous? I was also advised that the 9 cell battery that was offered didn't even exist! When I complained about not getting the battery, I was treated like a criminal and a liar.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, and the person responding from Dell tried to justify the $200 price difference issue, and requested pictures proving my position. I found it interesting that in the past 3 days, this laptop was removed from their website! Fortunately for me, I took pictures of the offering and proved my claim of false advertising! Having bought many computers from Dell, I was willing to pay more for the great service I have received in the past.
I will never buy from Dell again. This will cost Dell tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Additional, I could only speak to someone in India who did speak good English, but had extremely poor comprehension. Their people in India have no clue of the legal system in American and our system of accountability.
Buying from Dell is no longer worth the frustration. I am a 50 year old small business owner who previously spent 10 years with a Fortune 50 company.
I am well respected by my current and former colleagues and will ensure they are well aware of Dell's false advertising and horrible customer service!I have this thing that Dell currently lacks...CREDIBILITY!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Spare Ac Adapter
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Please do not believe in Lazada Philipines return policy programs. They are false advertisement that preys on unaware customers. Feb 2, 2015 I placed an order - 3TB Seagate HARD DRIVE...."
- "Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then..."
- "I ordered a charger from them advertised as a "GENUINE Original 60W Apple Macbook Magsafe 2 Charger". Received a generic (generic box, no logo on charger). Emailed them about it..."
- "No one should do business with ShopRTACabinets. I only received half of my order 3+ weeks later than they promised. I was told that their cabinets get lost..."
- "I have been going to American Laser for over 13 years for laser hair removal. Today, I went to my appointment only to find their doors locked with a..."
- "The driver of a mr appliance van slammed into the back of my car causing me to hit the person in front of me and the person in front of..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."