2.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I am a long time Dell customer and have been happy with the computers.This was my first experience with customer service and now it may be my last as I look for another company to receive my business.

My laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working. After hours of internet searches and trying a multitude of fixes I did a Microsoft chat which after 45 minutes I was referred to Dell. I tried the Dell chat and both times once the tech saw I was out of warranty, the tech deemed it a hardware problem (which it is clearly not) and before I could even respond ended the chat with a referral to their fee based hardware support. It appears there is a conflict between a Windows 10 Update (10/6/16 on my computer) and the Dell keyboard driver.

The Dell techs did not even show the courtesy of considering referring me to the download of an improved driver. I am pretty much done with Dell...not because of the product (which I like) or the problem (that's part of computers) but with the abysmal customer support.

I was so disappointed that I went back to the Dell website to leave feedback but there was no way to leave feedback or even email Dell unless you had an order.A lot of wasted time.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dell customer care. Dell needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dell customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dell.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1223792

You might wish to take a look at the following link regarding problems in win 10 updates:

Apparently, you are not alone in encountering problems with win 10 updates.I stuck with win 7 and am glad I did.

I know all about Dell's bad customer service.I stopped buying Dells a few years ago due to their nonsense.