I called Dell support after my Microsoft Office trial version did not allow me to send e-mails.I was told that I needed to buy Outlook 2010 for $129 and that tech support would call me back at a designated time for installation support so that I wouldn't lose prior data.

I received the software from Dell, however when they didn't call at the appointed time, I called Dell to ask for assistance. Several people tried to assist me without luck and ultimately told me that there was a problem with my computer and that I would have to buy a software support warranty for $200 + or pay approximately $130 for one time support. I refused and have asked to return the software.

All of this after several hours on the phone speaking to 5 different people.I subsequently went on-line to Microsoft and bought a Microsoft Office software upgrade for $79 which I downloaded and installed seamlessly with no loss of data in 5 minutes.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

I lost $5,000 with awstores.co they are a SCAM! The REAL Apple Wholesale Store is apple-wholesale-store.com Apple Wholesale Store "This website awstores.co is a complete scam and rippoff of the REAL Apple Wholesale Store ( apple-wholesale-store.com ). I found that site from the web and placed an order for..." Read more Dell Computer support is ineffective Dell "I am having a problem with or runaround with Dell customer support. 1) several attempts to resolve problems using "Chat" service were unsuccessful because the Chat service has been disabled..." Read more STAY AWAY! Ifixyouri is uncommunicative, unprofessional, and useless. iFixYouri "I'm a senior in college who struggled through weeks without a laptop thanks to ifixyouri. This company is completely terrible at communicating with its customers without an incredible amount of..." Read more Dell - Bait and Switch Advertising Dell "I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery. I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no..." Read more Schwans - False advertising Schwans "Chicken Lo Mein Skillet Meal #450 Serves 3 23 oz. bag, in the Schwan's catalog and online it clearly states meal for three. This is starting to bother me know...." Read more Best Buy - TV Shadow after 17 months Best Buy "My brand new Vizio 60 inch TV developed a shadow after 17 months. I contacted both Vizio and Best Buy and both offered basically $100 of a purchase of a..." Read more Techrabbit - Worst and funnier customer service at the same time Techrabbit "Well it was a weird experience, first i bought a Parrot Bebop Drone from the ebay shop of techrabbit, it arrive well and without problem so far, so i deceided..." Read more Shopify - Closed myshop without any explanation Shopify "I had a shopify e-commerce which is ihijabstore.myshopify.com and i couldnt pay shopify monthly fee because of my credit card limit was full. So i paid $110 dolar after that..." Read more