Dell Computer ~ Fraud and Fiction
After multiple, and I mean multiple attempts to contact someone at the corporate office in Texas I have yet to see signs of life. I questioned a Dell representative on a Facebook post who only gave me his initials and asked if Dell Computers actually have personnel employed in the United States? One might say well that is *** of course they do.
In fact Dell's headquarters in Round Rock, Texas as of 2010 employs about 16,000 people in that facility. I have asked through e-mails to key executives including Mr. Dell to speak with a resolution specialist in the USA and have been denied this request. I am forwarded to India where I have been treated like a 3rd rate citizen, mislead, fraud committed in the promise of a replacement system which was to be brand new.
Their Quality Control is state of the art and Mr. Dell should be proud of his innovational achievements. "The power to do more" I personally think the QA team was malnourished because they were obviously lacking the power on my replacement unit which was sent to me with an inferior hard drive and the state of the art craftsmanship listed below:
1) Screws were lose on the video card support.
2) Dust/caked on dirt was on the video card stabilizer
3) Dust/caked on dirt on the CPU fan
4) Dust/caked on dirt on the side case fan
5) Dust all over the video card
6) Dust all over the mother board panel cover
7) Dust/caked on dirt between front panel and drive bays
To mention a few!
Dell computer boasts in their credo: "Dell. Purely You.", and Dell Values - Vision Statement:
"Dell is committed to being a good neighbor in the communities we call home. We must continue to grow responsibly – protecting our natural resources and practicing sustainability in all its forms – and improve the communities where we live and work through our financial and volunteer efforts."
But I was more concerned if maybe the case of fraud committed against me (noun: deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage) was an isolated incident.
ï‚§ In March 2007 an article titled "Computer Giant Faces Consumer Lawsuit Consumers Allege They Didn't Get the Tech Support They Paid For" appeared on an ABC News website. "Part of the suit claims that though Dell gave the impression of an "award-winning service" available to consumers "24 hours a day, seven days a week", consumers faced "nightmarish obstacles" to get help and technical service for their computers. New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said that New York had received 700 complaints about Dell "” more than the number of complaints for any other related subject.
ï‚§ In May 2007, Andrew Cuomo filed a lawsuit against Dell for "false advertising and deceptive business practices, including offering misleading financing, and failing to honor rebates, warranties and service contracts".  Dell spokesman Bob Pearson portrayed the lawsuit as based on only a small portion of Dell's customers and as in no way reflecting the way the company treats its customers. Dell's hardware-warranty contract says that customers must troubleshoot over the phone "” including possibly opening the computer "” before Dell will send a technical service provider to replace a part. On May 27, 2008, State Supreme Court Justice Joseph Teresi required Dell to clarify its financing and warranty criteria, saying the computer maker engaged in fraud, false advertising, deceptive business and abusive debt-collection practices. Parties have filed more than 1,000 additional complaints with the attorney general's office since the initial filing of the lawsuit in May 2007.
In 2005, complaints about Dell more than doubled to 1,533, after earnings grew 52% that year.
In 2006, Dell acknowledged that it had problems with customer service. Issues included call transfers of more than 45% of calls and long wait times. Dell's blog detailed the response: "We're spending more than a $100 million "” and a lot of blood, sweat and tears of talented people "” to fix this." Later in the year, the company increased its spending on customer service to $150 million. Despite significant investment in this space, Dell continues to face public scrutiny with even the company's own website littered with complaints regarding the issue escalation process.
This list goes on and on!
Obviously The Dell Corporation does not give much consideration to their customers which is their life line and to their own credo or mission statement! When individual such as myself challenges and demands to be treated with respect and consideration they laugh in our face.
None of us are immune to the business practices of fortune 500 companies and most will cower tuck tail and run home!
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us "” we are dependent on him. He is not an outsider in our business "” he is a part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him … he is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so."
I would ask that if you agree to please re-post and allow our voices to be heard!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xps 8300
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "It started on the 3rd of FEB 2016. My bios wouldn't update so I call Asus Tech support. I gave them all my info and for 2hrs. I was put..."
- "Whilst looking at Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 notebooks online, the presales chat pops up and the operator, Vennela tells the machine is in stock. I ask about the active stylus..."
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "do know anyone that can help me with my situation and can resolve it. I don't want to get a lawyer unless i need too. I was visit..."
- "My wife and I stayed at the Elk Grove, CA Extended Stay on 10/07015 and from the minute we checked in it was one thing and then another. The..."
- "Terrible experience.....at check in my seat was changed from isle to middle seat. Check in person said she could not make the correction and to do it at the gate...."