Update added by user Feb 06, 2012
Update in response to comments about the video - Please turn your audio off, what you hear is background noise; sorry about that. Also, what you see is the actual flicker of the laptop display which indicates that the laptop is locked-up and the screen will continue to flicker in this manner indefinitely. Thanks for your comments.
Update added by user Feb 03, 2012
One item that was omitted was that on two occasions Dell Support (India) hung up on me.This infuriates me to no end since I had to start at the end of the support phone Que each time I called.
On the third attempt I yelled at the support tech and told him \"DON\'T HANG UP ON ME OR I WILL CALL UP VISA AND GET A REFUND ON MY CREDIT CARD!!!\" Then explained the problem I was having - Unfortunately he lacked the technical expertise to complete the troubleshooting and passed me of to someone else who would only tell me it was a \"DRIVER\" issue.
This is incorrect since 1) I loaded Windows7 32bit and drivers and had the video problem 2) re-loaded Windows7 64bit and drivers and still had the problem.The conclusion I came to is that there is a hardware problem since either operating system and drivers resulted in the same video lockup.
Original review posted by user Feb 03, 2012
I am having a problem with or runaround with Dell customer support. 1) several attempts to resolve problems using "Chat" service were unsuccessful because the Chat service has been disabled but is still listed on their website as an option. 2) Calling India (yes still support from India!) leads to mis-diagnoses and they haven't yet been helpful in resolving the problem or allowing a return. 3) Emailing "Orders" for a replacement results in an email response to call India for technical support or send the product back for a refund - I WANT AN EXCHANGE! This is terrible customer support. I am posting here as a warning to those who insist on Dell for a laptop and am pursuing a replacement from Dell.
Computer Problem Description:The Video hardware in my Dell Inspiron is defective where video hardware locks up and the computer has to be re-booted. See youtube videos below. (it's not a driver problem)
Windows7 64bit Hardware problem w/ video cardhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJk3BxS280&context=C3788fb7ADOEgsToPDskKC8nTye30BAiv8gRgwOm-p
Same problem w/ Windows7 32bit; hardware problem where video hardware locks up and the computer has to be re-bootedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMfig988dY&context=C3a22c5bADOEgsToPDskKjGjKWS7KXoPPysza1uklf
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dell Customer Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement. I purchase their â€œpremier desktopâ€ product at the end of 2009. One week after..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "I have been an Oreo fanatic my entire life. I'm 68 years old. But i was never so disappointed when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! This is what she got. I ordered this. When I called, got hung up on. Their fees are outrageous!! Don't use them!!!..."
- "THE WORST FURNITURE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Delivery men left couch wedged in the doorway, couldn't fit it in, so they left it right there and left!!! I purchased a whole..."
- "Pro Tuning Labs19745 Colima Rd #1-812Rowland Heights CA, 91748Ordered a catalytic converter back exhaust system. The system was damaged in shipment. It took a threatening letter for them to address..."