Update added by user Feb 06, 2012
Update in response to comments about the video - Please turn your audio off, what you hear is background noise; sorry about that. Also, what you see is the actual flicker of the laptop display which indicates that the laptop is locked-up and the screen will continue to flicker in this manner indefinitely. Thanks for your comments.
Update added by user Feb 03, 2012
One item that was omitted was that on two occasions Dell Support (India) hung up on me.This infuriates me to no end since I had to start at the end of the support phone Que each time I called.
On the third attempt I yelled at the support tech and told him \"DON\'T HANG UP ON ME OR I WILL CALL UP VISA AND GET A REFUND ON MY CREDIT CARD!!!\" Then explained the problem I was having - Unfortunately he lacked the technical expertise to complete the troubleshooting and passed me of to someone else who would only tell me it was a \"DRIVER\" issue.
This is incorrect since 1) I loaded Windows7 32bit and drivers and had the video problem 2) re-loaded Windows7 64bit and drivers and still had the problem.The conclusion I came to is that there is a hardware problem since either operating system and drivers resulted in the same video lockup.
Original review posted by user Feb 03, 2012
I am having a problem with or runaround with Dell customer support. 1) several attempts to resolve problems using "Chat" service were unsuccessful because the Chat service has been disabled but is still listed on their website as an option. 2) Calling India (yes still support from India!) leads to mis-diagnoses and they haven't yet been helpful in resolving the problem or allowing a return. 3) Emailing "Orders" for a replacement results in an email response to call India for technical support or send the product back for a refund - I WANT AN EXCHANGE! This is terrible customer support. I am posting here as a warning to those who insist on Dell for a laptop and am pursuing a replacement from Dell.
Computer Problem Description:The Video hardware in my Dell Inspiron is defective where video hardware locks up and the computer has to be re-booted. See youtube videos below. (it's not a driver problem)
Windows7 64bit Hardware problem w/ video cardhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJk3BxS280&context=C3788fb7ADOEgsToPDskKC8nTye30BAiv8gRgwOm-p
Same problem w/ Windows7 32bit; hardware problem where video hardware locks up and the computer has to be re-bootedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMfig988dY&context=C3a22c5bADOEgsToPDskKjGjKWS7KXoPPysza1uklf
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dell Customer Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "I got my order on 4/1/2016, I bought 20 iphone SE 64gb for $5,980fedex delivered in 1 day. I also got my 10 ipad pro's on 4/1/2016.I am very happy..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "Pro Tuning Labs19745 Colima Rd #1-812Rowland Heights CA, 91748Ordered a catalytic converter back exhaust system. The system was damaged in shipment. It took a threatening letter for them to address..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! This is what she got. I ordered this. When I called, got hung up on. Their fees are outrageous!! Don't use them!!!..."
- "THE WORST FURNITURE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Delivery men left couch wedged in the doorway, couldn't fit it in, so they left it right there and left!!! I purchased a whole..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."