2.3
Style and Design
Usability

I contacted Dell Canada Support as my Laptop is not powering up, and when I spoke with the tech support he asked me few questions to assess my Laptop damage and based on that he informed me that my laptop motherboard is damaged and I need to pay 405$ to fix it.I asked him if this could be something else like Motherboard power supply, however he assured me that it is defected motherboard, so I paid 405$ over the telephone based on his diagnosis, they promised that i will receive a package within 48 business hours to send my laptop to prepare and they will return it within 16 business days.

Thus, I wasn't confident about his quick diagnosis, so i went home open the laptop back cover (it is internal battery not external) and after few seconds i put back the battery and the laptop worked just fine. My concern was with Dell Support quickly moving to conclusion without proper diagnosis and charging based on incorrect diagnosis, that is completely unethical and unprofessional. If i didnt open the laptop i might have been charged falsly and will have no evidence on what actually happen.. I urge everyone who has a technical problem with this company to verify before trusting them.

again i have two recording, the only reason i'm not publishing the recording is that i have communicated my Visa Card Number, however if required i would be gladly publishing it to insure that there has been no miscommunication.I did saved the first call and second call with Dell Support as I register all my outgoing calls, and i sent it to dell for their verification.

Review about: Dell Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Refund first, then kindly request to Speak to the management and listening to the conversation.

I liked: Quality of the product.

I didn't like: Quality of service.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments