Anyone using Dell coupons should be aware of an issue I came up against with Dell customer service. I created an order on the Dell website on Tuesday 11/30/10 using an available coupon. Knowing I was going to be changing the order the next day, I saved my shopping cart without submitting the order. On Wednesday I went into the cart changed the order and then when I tried to submit the order, I got an automated message that the coupon had already been redeemed. As the original order never was sent, this was definitely incorrect.

So I called customer service who took all the information down, and then put me on hold and left me there. On the second call, I was transferred back to the receptionist, after again giving all the information to the customer service department. The receptionist then sent the call to another customer service rep, who again was given all the information. Upon putting me on hold to "research" the issue, the call was dropped. Third through seventh call I asked each time to be sent directly to a manager. The calls were dropped, deliberately hung up on or transferred multiple times, only one of which went to a manager who again took the information and then proceeded to drop the call, despite assurances this wouldn't happen.

Note that Dell does not have any corporate numbers on their website so you are stuck dealing with out of country call centers who refuse to involve managers or resolve what I considered to be a simple issue.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

darkknight1
Trenton, Texas, United States #220370

The same thing happened to me just yesterday.Was on their site to place an order ,it was glitching and processed my order without my reviewing it.

I immediately called to cancel, they said it was processed and shipped...lol They processed and shipped an order in 3 minutes?? I told the Indian rep he was lying that I havent even received an email confirmation for the order and there was no way they could of packed, shipped and processed an order that fast. He put me on hold several times , I asked to speak to a supervisor who would not speak to me,because his english was apparently worse than the rep I was speaking with. They told me there was nothing they could do despite the disclaimer on Dells website that says that they can cancel an order before its shipped.

I very angrily asked for a number where I could speak to an american rep. I was put on hold again an the rep came back and told me my order was cancelled!!?? WTF? I was even hotter after that!

I asked them why they were giving me the run around and they hung up on me! I was lied to twice and was hung up on! Really? Is that how Dell takes care of its customers?

I immediately called back and was routed to the Phillipines this time.I asked for a number for Dell Corporate or a number for an american call center and I was hung up on yet again.WTF is going on here?

Trenton, Texas, United States #220364

The same thing happened to me just yesterday.Was on their sit to place an order ,it was glitching and processed my order without my reviewing it.

I immediately called the cancel they said it was processed and shipped...lol They processed and shipped an order in 3 minutes?? I told the Indian rep he was lying that I havent even received an email confirmation for the order and there was no way they could of packed, shipped and processed an order that fast. He put me on hold several times , I asked to speak to a supervisor who wouln not speak to me.because his english was apparently worse than the rep I was speaking with. They told me there was nothing they could do despite the disclaimer on Dells website says that they can cancel an order before its shipped.

I asked them wahy they were giving me the run around and they hung up on me! I was lied to twice and was hung up on! Really? Is that how Dell takes care of its customers?