I own and run a business with 130+ employees where we own loads of Dell equipment.My new laptop stopped working while under warranty.

I was told a new motherboard would be shipped and my machine repaired withing 2 days. It's been a not so funny comedy of bad communications and passing the buck with Unisy being equally inept. I am now told that a part I am told I DO NOT need was back ordered so the other parts that I do need were never shipped. Incredible!

So here I sit, a week later and I just spent another hour on the phone with a barely understandable technical Rep. 6000 miles away. Meanwhile, all my critical information and ability to work off site is out of reach. We have been loyal Dell buyers for many years but this is beyond belief that they can't communicate let alone solve the problem.

Unisy is no better as they have gone silent after having me wait in my office twice for four hours....and no shows.I should be the poster boy for HP's next ad campaign.

Review about: Dell Laptop.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

cannon645

Scott49 has hit the nail on the head."Third World" is an accurate description of Dell, a once proud and outstanding company now detached completely from their customers.

FYI after 10 Days and countless empty promises coupled with ineptitude you can't imagine, Unisys finally showed up today....very late. A simple warranty repair on a new laptop was too much for them to handle. I was labeled "high priority" after countless calls to Dell and even more empty promises from Unisys that the "manager will call me". Dell told me my part had been received by Unisys and I would see a tech first thing in the AM.

Well, he showed up at 5PM fixed the motherboard and broke my computer in the process. More parts are on the way. Nice guy and his broken English was good enough to convey his frustration. I have instructed my IT director to end all Dell purchases and transition to Apple.

We have purchased hundreds of Dell computers and servers but they have lost both the business of both companies I own and operate. Sadly they will never know as they are so insulated from once loyal customers like who have no direct way to convey deep disastisfaction. Dell Sucks.

Dave G.CEO

Scott49

;) Dell sent a unisys tech out to try and fix my Dell computer after replacing video and mother board computer still did not work.He then tells me i should have bought an Acer computer.

I could barely understand him he told me he was from Nigeria. it seems Dell doesn't think Americans know how to provide customer service nor fix computers.

Dell used to be a great company with great computers.Now it is nothing more than a 3rd world company with lousy computers and incompetent support staff in my opinion

Scott49