2.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Apr 19

Update: the shipment was returned, and after a week I received a refund. I was never told if my complaint had ever been taken seriously. There was no follow up afterwards from Dell.

Original review posted by user Mar 20

I ordered a $1700 computer from Dell through their website, paid upfront and waited for a week for it to be shipped. It was finally shipped through FedEx, but I am not usually home when FedEx delivers since I work 2 jobs.

I received the door tag for an attempted delivery and called FedEx to redirect the package to a FedEx location so I could pick it up after work. FedEx told me that Dell does not allow this, I have to be home for delivery and sign at my home. When I explained that I cannot be home due to my jobs, they said Dell was responsible for that problem. So I called Dell to ask them to redirect the delivery.

They said it was "not possible". So I canceled the order and asked for a refund since I will never receive the computer through this process. Every other respectable company will allow for the package pickup at a FedEx location. You have to show your ID with correct address and sign there!

I will never ever buy anything from Dell. In addition, I wanted to warn other customers about this practice by Dell.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Desktop Computer.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Dell Cons: Poor company policy about shipping.

Comments