I am very unhappy with my recent experience with Dell. In fact, this isn't the first time I've been ticked at them, just the most recent. Any others have similar tales? Maybe we can put on a bit of pressure to do better by their customers.

My Story:

I have owned (that I can document) two PC's, two 1600N printers, one 2335 DN Printer/Copier/Fax, one 5100CN Color Laser Printer, 2 EPads, and one 2150CDN Color Laser. Naturally, I have purchased a fair amount of toner cartridges and other consumables.

My current gripe is the 2150CDN. It sounds like it's grinding itself to bits. I called customer service and got passed around for over an hour. The upshot is, it's out of warranty, and they will do nothing. Sounds fair, right? Wrong!

This machine comes with a one year warranty, unless you pay an unreasonable charge to buy an extended warranty. I didn't. So, I own a machine about 14 months old. Here's the complaint: This machine is advertised to handle a monthly duty cycle of up to 40,000 pages. That would be 480,000 pages in a one year warranty. My machine has 14,443 total pages on the meter. That's less than 1 month's worth of work.

Dell, let me ask you this, "Is it acceptable to sell a product that does less than one twelfth of what it is advertised to do, and then shrug it off because it is now 14 months old?"

Review about: Dell Printer.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

I really hate those f*ckers