Cropseyville, New York

I purchased my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop in January 2009 from Dell Direct.

By December 2009 it started showing signs that there may be a problem.

End of December 2009 upon starting my computer it would run a check disc. I could no longer log on. Called Dell and was told that I required a new hard drive and since I was still under warranty they would send a technician out to install it for me. I was then asked if I wanted to purchase an extended warranty for $149.00.

I declined the extended warranty since I was receiving a new hard drive. All went well for 2 weeks after installation and then my laptop started exhibiting the same issues as before. I called Dell again. Again, laptop needed a new hard drive and other replacement parts but this time I my laptop was not under warranty.

Dell agreed to sell me a $169.00 one year warranty. I agreed had the new hard drive installed along with other parts needed. Laptop has been working fine until yesterday, December 5, 2010. Again, my laptop starting showing signs that there was a problem.

Contacted Dell and once again I need a new hard drive. Thankfully I am still under warranty and it will be replaced without charge but I was asked if I wanted to purchase an extended warranty since my warranty will expire January 16, 2011. Not sure why my laptop has required so many hard drive replacements in such a short period of time. I log on to my computer for probably a half hour per day or less.

My daughter has an HP laptop that I purchased in 2008 and have never had a problem. I'm using it now while I'm waiting for the Dell to be serviced.

I probably will extend my warranty in January and never purchase another Dell again.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments