I purchased a Dell B130 ilaptop n November 2006 for my daughter.Motherboard failed in 2007 and was replaced under warranty.

Motherboard failed again in 2008. Dell wants $358 to repair a $499 laptop. Played the India shell game getting mistreated for three days before sending email to Michael Dell. Somebody identifying themselves from Dell corporate with a thick accent from India calls me back to inform me that Dell would have fixed it if I had only bought an extended warranty.

Dell corporate value is to "build strong relationships".

What total garbage!I'll never buy another Dell product!

Review about: Dell Laptop.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

You got for a discount, with only a 1 year warranty and you want them to cover it for 3+ years, get over it.In most cases the MB is not bad it is a software issue.

Use the restore cd and reload, most times this fixes the problem.oh and RTFW (read the warranty) and RTFM read the manual

Beware Dell.com. Ship out a VIZIO TV different model when you bought on Cyber Monday 2013 website. Dell "I purchased a Vizio TV, model E390I-A1 LED on Cyber Monday, but when I checked my account, it showed a different model named E390-A1, which is a model without wireless..." Read more Dell Lost Another Customer Today. Dell "I tried to buy this holiday sale deal, but it would not put the correct price in my shopping cart. I contacted dell, they said it had expired, but the sale..." Read more Dell - Broken promises in the sales process Dell "Whilst looking at Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 notebooks online, the presales chat pops up and the operator, Vennela tells the machine is in stock. I ask about the active stylus..." Read more 7" RCA Tablet - Exploding Battery Rca "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..." Read more Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation - The worst company ever!!!! Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation "Bank made a mistake in sending a payment last year but any subsequent payment was on time since it is scheduled automatically. Instead of notifying us about the missing payment,..." Read more ThanksForTheHelp - You saved me - Outstanding Work. ThanksForTheHelp "Outstanding work folks.. 3 days and tons of work. You have done.. I cant mention what I got - cant go public - but whatever I got , my prof..." Read more Box Office Tickets - Holiday to NYC ruined! Box Office Tickets "I’m from the UK and bought 4 tickets to watch a Yankees game whilst we were on a once in a lifetime trip to New York. This was going to..." Read more Quest Diagnostics - What the *** is going on with Quest Quest Diagnostics "I been having blood work every 30 days to monitor some adjustments on medications. It’s been the same tests ran same panels marked. And now all of the sudden missing..." Read more