I'm going to shorten this considerable, as to tell the whole story would take far too long. In fact, I will just post the most recent email exchange I has wit them.

Just know this is but a fraction of the *** that is dealing with Dell Computers. First, the most recent email from Dell: Dear Kelly, We have received a Letter from the Attorney General office regarding the Microsoft office . I would like to let you know that the resolution remains the same. The order was placed in 2016 at the Dell outlet store and Dell has an 30 days return policy.

if you have any issues with the order, you needed to contact Dell at the time of sale. The MS office 2013 software is an MPI card which come in the laptop box, it is a Leaf Let and it has a bold writing "DO NOT DISCARD' Microsoft Product Identifier. This software is End of life. Therefore I will have to respectfully deny any request for the free software, if you would like to place a new order for the MS office 2016 home and student software, I can send you a new quote with the 10% discount.

Please let me know if you would like to email you a quote so you can place a new order for the software. Thank you. Regards Sabrina Rao North America l Executive Escalations Management Dell | Global Business Services Contact: (800)-999-3355 EXT 4541623 Email:Sabrina.rao@dell.com Work schedule 8:00am- 5:00pm CST Monday-Friday My response: Not surprised by Dell’s response. Online comments from dissatisfied customers are plentiful.

While you are technically correct about the warranty, you are not correct about the MPI card being included. In my previous communication with Dell, it was suggested this may have been due to the product coming via the Outlet, so that the original owner may have kept that card when they returned the product to Dell. Then when it was shipped to me, it did not include it. The reason I did not contact you within 30 days is because the subscription-based product on the laptop masked the fact that the, “end of life software” was missing.

Therefore I did not realize the product you told me you were selling me, was in fact not what you delivered. At least not until the annual subscription ran out and my Office software stopped functioning properly. Your decision to not consider the circumstances just reviewed yet again, demonstrates just how very poor your customer service is. Here stands giant Dell Computers, hiding behind a warranty technicality to justify cheating an individual customer by refusing to make right the mistake your company made.

This is particularly onerous when one considers I have not even asked for a repair of a product that broke down after warranty. I have simply asked that Dell provide the software you told me you were supplying when you sold me the laptop for the agreed-upon price. In my view, this is not a warranty issue. It is a fraud issue.

We are not talking about a repair…we are talking about you clearly not providing the exact product you claimed you were providing. Rest assured a copy of this email exchange will be forwarded to the Attorney General’s office. Furthermore, I will also provide all my info to local TV stations that offer, “consumer protection assistance” in the hope they will bring Dell even more of the negative publicity you so richly deserve. That way, perhaps I can help prevent other potential future customers from making the same mistake I did…buying from Dell.

FWIW – I could no longer wait for Dell to do the right thing, so had to go ahead and purchase software on my own. Even if you had wanted to do the right thing (you didn’t), it was too late for you to provide the promised software anyway. So, now you are no longer dealing with a customer trying to get fair treatment. Rather, you are dealing with an ex-customer who will exert considerable energy to let other potential customers know how horrible your company has become to work with.

Perhaps if enough others are like me (I know I am not alone), our combined efforts will cost Dell enough business that the cost of lost business exponentially exceeds the cost that would have been involved had you just done the right thing to begin with, if not for ethical reasons, than at least for good business practice. 10% discount certificate for software I can buy at numerous places for a better price is also just plain insulting, and a transparent attempt to pretend you actually tried. I would not have paid you one thin dime had you offered it because, unlike Dell, I have principles. I already paid for the software.

You didn’t provide it.

It really is that simple. Regards,

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Laptop.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Nightmare.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 21.

Comments