Update by user Jul 11, 2012

After 2 mo\'s, Executive Support finally did the \"right thing\". I purchased a new laptop and they refunded the difference from the original advertises price. I now have the new laptop and the refund has been issued.

I hope I never, ever have to deal with Dell\'s customer service department....that is my only fear.

Update by user Jun 21, 2012

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on May 23. The BBB reviews the complaint, then contacts the company and gives them a certain amount of time to satisfy the complaint (june 14).

I was contacted by the Dell \"Executive Customer Support Team\" and many emails went back and forth. They had several opportunities to rectify this, but didnt.

I made my comments on the BBB complaint stating that no progress had been made.

Today (june 20)I received an email telling me that I would be able to order a new unit and get the original price that I paid for the refurbished.

I will update this site with the outcome.

Original review posted by user May 21, 2012

I ordered a laptop from the Dell web site outlet. I got a confirmation email, and my credit card was charged through paypal. I also ordered a new namplate.

A little while later, I got an email telling me that THEY had cancelled the order.

WHY WAS IT CANCELLED??? I DIDNT AUTHORIZE ANY CANCELATION AND MY CC WAS ALREADY CHARGED.

I called and after talking to 6 people, I was told that they didn't want to sell me the computer at that price, and tried to "UPSELL" me to something different. .

This was advertised on the website, and ordered from the website.

WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS?

THEY ADVERTISE THESE UNITS FOR SALE AS BAIT,... CANCEL THE ORDER... AND THEN TELL ME I HAVE TO BUY ONE THAT COST MORE. ???

" BAIT AND SWITCH " is illegal in the United States.

I was shoved around to 10 different people, and hung up on.

YOU DON'T DO THAT TO CUSTOMERS!

THIS WAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHMARE FROM ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

THEY SEND YOU TO PERSON AFTER PERSON JUST GET YOU FRUSTRATED TO NOT CALL THEM BACK.

AFTER 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE, I FINALLY HUNG UP WHEN A "SUPERVISOR" KEPT ON HAVING "TROUBLE" WITH HIS PHONE.

I WANT DELL TO HONOR WHAT THEY ADVERTISED ...THE COMPUTER THAT I ALREADY BOUGHT FROM THE WEBSITE.!!!!

I AM REALLY P' O'D

Review about: Dell Laptop.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

teez

After 2 mo's, with the pressure from the BBB and Pissed Consumer, Executive Support finally did the "right thing".

I purchased a new laptop and they refunded the difference from the original advertised price. I now have the new laptop and the refund has been issued.

I hope I NEVER, EVER have to deal with Dell's customer service department....that is my only fear.

teez

:( I had the same issue.I ordered a Laptop and paid for it in full on 6/11/12.

I found out by chance because I checked my status online on 6/19/12 (my laptop was guaranteed to ship on 6/20/12)- I was not notified by DELL- that my order was cancelled. I called and tried to find out why it was cancelled and they told me it was because a component was 'at end of life". I could not get an explanation what that meant but then the Customer rep told me I had to wait for transfer of funds from the first order to the new laptop - a confirmed this was an internal issue with Dell. She could not guarantee a new ship date!

I would be willing to wait if they could guarantee a new ship date but they did not offer anything. I think this is horriable customer service - I have been a Dell customer for years and have ordered many PC from them as well as my husband who orders for his work.

Sad to say I do not want to deal with this agrevation when I can go many other places.Good bye Dell!

teez

Lorna, I have sent you an email

LornaAtDell

Hi *** from Chicago IL.I am just following up to be certain your concerns have been addressed.

If you still need assistance, please email me or contact @DellCares via Twitter.

Thanks,

Dell-LornaM

LornaAtDell

Hi *** from Chicago Il.My name is Lorna and I work for Dell.

Please email your order # to Lorna_McNamara@dell.com, or via Twitter @DellCares.

We are happy to look into this Dell Outlet cancellation for you.Thanks, Dell-LornaM