Have been buying Dell desktops since the early 90's.My last purchase was a Dell Vostro that I purchased in January 2011 with no extended warranty.

Shortly after purchasing the desktop I get a phone message from Dell by someone who had a very heavy accent and who was reading from a script and probably doing her nails because the voice kept fading and returning. Anyways after 3 days of trying to decipher what was said I found out the mobo on my Dell was defective and a recall was in effect and call Dell for a free replacement. I did so. The guy who came stunk, to begin with.

He didn't use a discharge pad or strap so I wasn't too pleased. The on board graphics sucked so I installed a graphics card and the power unit provided was only 400 watts, I replaced that with a 750 watt psu. He after gripping about my upgrades reluctantly put in the new mobo. It worked fine for 8 months and now I have nothing but freeze moments, crashes, bsd's etc.

When I called Dell to complain about it because it was still two weeks left on warranty, after 1.45 hours on hold and speaking to someone named Dave from New Dehli, I had to send the desktop back to Dell to have repaired. It would take 6 weeks turnaround. Couldn't do it because I need my desktop for my homework/business. Asked for someone to come out because I had in home warranty.

They refused to come out because according to their records my warranty expired the week before. Fine. After tinkering around inside with the mobo, I found out that the cpu fan stopped working. I replaced that but the overheated cpu now has to be replaced.

I ain't too happy.

After 4 pc's, desktop and laptops, I am seriously switching to Apple for my equipment.Don't buy Dell if you can help it

Review about: Dell Warranty.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments