I purchased a Dell Mini 10 in early 2009 and had no problems with it.Six months later I purchased one for my son and it has been a LEMON from the get-go.

Because it was for a teenager I purchased the 5-year COMPLETE CARE warranty. The salesperson told me that it covered EVERYTHING from spills to falling off the hood of the car and getting run over. In the four years I've had the computer it has not functioned properly for a full six months - and never more than two weeks in a row. It's had four hard drives, two keyboards, and the display went out and was replaced.

I bought my son this computer for school and he has since graduated having never got to use it for school even once. The most recent repair was for the battery - and the installed the WRONG one! My son used the computer two days before it started showing blue screens and shutting itself down. My warranty stated that if the computer was defective (and it obviously is with more than 10 repairs that Dell won't even own up to in four years) it was supposed to be replaced!

If I spilled coffee on it, it was supposed to be replaced. If I dropped it and a car ran over it, it was supposed to be replaced. The complete care warranty cost me almost $500 over the top of what the computer cost and all I get done is packing the thing in a box and sending it to the Dell Depot so that they can send it back with something else wrong with it.

DON'T BUY FROM DELL - AND ESPECIALLY DON'T PURCHASE THE COMPLETE CARE WARRANTY!IT'S EXPENSIVE AND IT'S A JOKE!

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments