Update by user Apr 30, 2012

I had a problem with my AVG Anti Virus program and called customer support.Wouldn\'t you know, it\'s the same people as with Dell.

DO NOT call customer service from the number you get on the Internet (877-928-2439). You will get India who trying to scare people into thinking that they have a virus, and DO NOT let them take control of your computer. They will manipulate you and your computer into thinking that you have a virus through their remote access and then try to sell you a service.

If this happens, simply uninstall AVG, go to Cnet.com (a reputable company) and download the free addition from them.DO NOT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE IN INDIA.

Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2012

I will never deal with Dell again.I spent $1500 on an XPS and a couple of hundred for AMERICAN customer support and service.

When I call, I get India who tries to sell me additional customer support and service, cannot answer my questions, and refuses to connect me with America. Once you get your computer, you will never hear an American voice again. Corporate doesn't care once they have sold you the product, and they have do many "Corporate Headquater" sddresses that you will never be certain of where you should write.

Outsourcing to India has got to stop if this company wants to survive.The product is costly and you can never get the support you need.

Review about: Dell Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

Anonymous17
Naperville, Illinois, United States #604204

Dell is now going private. They cannot say that we did not warn them.

My son's XPS laptop has been down for a month now and customer service with Dell is a joke.Did all the test they asked us to do and first they say it is the hard drive and now they say it is operating system.

My son has spent hours on the phone and one tech ened up killing the computer all together.

Now it doesn't work at all, I have bought many Dell computers but not anymore tired of speaking to India and getting run around.Too bad they were good at one time but greed as set in for Dell, next thing will be you will go under because we American's are not taking it anymore.

I agree with what has been already stated.You can add to that...

that when you finally do get a hold of somebody, all they try to do is sell, SELL, SELL!!. Sell you warranties, sell you "expert" tech help (so what does that make there regular "tech" helpers?), sell you parts and or upgrades, sell you a "buyback" program (that doesn't work actually, you end up paying almost as much anyway if you include the cost of the buyback program, S&H, etc.), try to upsell the sale, upsell the customer support (so if you are in N. America you can get N. American support staff) WHAT THE ???

You have to BUY CUSTOMER SUPPORT NOW!?!? SELL, SELL, SELL!!

DELL is now officially a JOKE and I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!

(Goes for ALIENWARE too since DELL owns them.Goes to show what a hostile takeover does to yor product line.)

I feel the same way about my 2yr old Inspiron 1750 and Dell.Customer service personel speak English better than I speak Hindi...

but not much, considering I speak no Hindi.No more Dell's for me!

but not much, considering I speak no Hindi.No more Dell's for me!