I will never do business with Dell again. In December 2018 the LOST my wifes laptop for 3 weeks. When I bitched loud enough we got a call saying OOPS we goofed at the repair facility. NO comp no nothing. On Sunday Feburary 17th 2019 the computer AGAIN failed. On Monday the 18th my wife call in a service request. It is important to note that I purchased as a substantial extra cost extended in house / 24 hour repair (we can see how that went in December)

The wife is on holiday in California right now and we live in Florida. My wife made it CLEAR where she is currently. FINALLY at 6:30 AM California time today she was awoke by a phone call saying they were on the way to our FLORIDA address. She again told them where she is and they had to cancel the ticket and do a new one.

I then got on the phone to "corporate" who stated they were transferring me to the expatiate division. Which turned out to be noting more than passing me to another person. The 2 person today clearly told me it would take 2 to 3 days to get the part then they would send a tech! I got to a supervisor who after an argument stated that the part was in stock and the tech would be there in 2 to 3 days. I then told him I wanted HIS supervisor to which he said that there was NO one to talk to unless I wanted to wait ANOTHER 48 hours to get a call! After a very heated argument where he was trying his best to make me out a the bad guy and I kept explaining DELL screwed up NOT US.

Finally I was told that the part was again in stock (though they refused to tell me if it was in CA for stock) I demanded it be over nighted and installed tomorrow as per my contract says. At this time he informed me that even though I paid for and have a 24 hour turnaround AFTER the system was diagnosed as bad - things could take longer??????? So what did I pay for lip service and excuses. Now he guarantees the service on Thursday February 21 2019. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE TOLD STAY AWAY FROM FROM DELL since they do not stand by their guarantee. 5 1/2 month old computer and out of service for over a month and 2 major repairs. And by the way this was NOT a cheap system it was $999. Some birthday gift ha?

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Laptop.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments