I ordered a dell PowerEdge t440 server on Saturday, the order did not get paid by my banks fraud prevention dept. next day I noticed that and called my bank to let me put the order thru, I was told I would need to resubmit the order which I did and the money was taken out of my account.

Then on Monday I received call from dell that I had duplicate order for the server and that I need to cancel one of them. I also agreed to add extended warrantee while I was speaking to the sales rep. when I canceled the duplicate order, I was then charged for the server plus the extended warrantee . first charge on Sunday was for 4,331.14 then on Monday I was charged 4,385.00.

I called and tried to explain this to the customer service that is run out of India (very hard to communicate with because of stress on my part and the very heavy accent on their part)

I canceled all orders, the refunded the second charge of 4385.00 within a few minutes but the first charge is not being refunded. I have done business with dell for over 20 years.

and had never had issues with them but it seems that the professional company that I knew them to be no longer exists. Very disappointed and am thinking of going for HP servers instead

Comments