2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

About 8 years ago I purchased a Dell desktop computer and printer. Everything was going well until late May (2019).

I placed an order for ink cartridges. After over a week, they contacted me to tell me the order would be delayed. Then a few days later, it was canceled. I went to Dell for a chat.

Found one of the cartridges was no longer being manufactured, so they canceled the entire order!

The agent helped me place another online order with urls where I could find the cartridges I needed. That was June 7-8. Earlier this week I received a delayed order email. Today I missed a call on my cell phone but the agent sent an email.

I was told the cartridge was at 'end of life' - as if I knew what that meant.

I called Dell. I was transferred from customer service to another customer service to another agent, finally to the sales department. There I was informed there weren't any cartridges anywhere because Dell was no longer making printers or supporting the printers they made. At no time have I received a mailing, email or any type of information that they were no longer supporting certain printers.

They fill up my junk mail bin weekly with material to buy a new computer but they can't support the ones they've already sold!

They were quick to offer to sell me a new printer of another brand. Now I have a cheap printer with expensive, useless ink cartridges!

that I have to find a way to get rid of! I now also have a another bill to pay.

WARNING - If you own a Dell printer, you are in for bad news when you need new ink cartridges!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Printer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Dell Pros: Helpful customer service agents.

Dell Cons: Failed to notify customers they were discontinuing printers&ink.

Comments