Verified Reviewer

2.1

Update by user Aug 20, 2021

Dell Support made some progress at contacting me by phone to address issues with the laptop, however there are still issues in Dell Support's lack of communication. Dell returned the laptop unrepaired and reseated the cables and than restored the Windows 10 OS to factory conditions instead because the laptop's hard drive, SSD and Graphics never failed.

The components inside just needed reset. I was never notified of the repairs. The battery was working just fine until a Dell support technician contacted me by phone and told me the battery was at the end of it's lifecycle. Once returned it shows the battery is missing!

I suspect they either took the battery out and forgot to replace or the lost the battery and are trying to cover it up with dishonesty!! I am not worried and would have understood if Dell would have been honest with me. Because of their dishonesty I want a refund for the missing battery!I also want a refund for the new parts I paid for but never received.

I do appreciate the repairs that the advanced IT department made on the system and now the laptop is back up and running. Thank you Dell for that much even though you were dishonest with me.

Original review updated by user Jul 21, 2021

Dell Support had my personal Inspiron laptop for months after I paid $391.00 for repairs and failed to communicate the status of repairs! Months later I was told there was a global supply chain shortage and the heat sync was on back-order!!

Dell please consider a workshop for your employees to help them improve communication skills with your company.

The information is vague

If I had known about the Global Supply Chain Shortage, I would have never shipped my personal laptop for repairs! Dell should have been honest with me!

User's recommendation: Do not send your computer to Dell. There is currently a supply chain shortage that I was not aware of due to lack of communication!

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Dell Pros: Excellent products and friendly staff, Decent computers.

Dell Cons: Lack of communication and vague information.

Comments