First, I had the computer (XPS27 AIO) in the shopping cart and saved it formally with my information, etc. Next morning, it was "no longer available," with no explanation at all.

I called customer support, and magically they had one, at it was at the same price or just slightly above. That was weird. Then they try to push you accept their credit card, and if you refuse they patch you into their supervisor. Dell is a money lender now?

Then, the computer came with charges for a 12-month McAfee subscription (not a trial) and for In-Home technical service. I have gone around and around with people apparently in India, trying to explain why I do not want to pay for products I did not buy, and these charges are on the invoice as separate line items. These people then start acting stupid, trying to act like they don't understand the concept and then say they cannot credit the amount (about $70) for some bogus reason like "it is already on the computer." WTF?

Does Dell have serious ethical challenges. I could have just gone to the Apple store and bought an AIO and be done with it.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments