1.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

So I ordered a Nighthawk X6 wifi extender after being assured by Dell that it would be compatible with my Verizon wifi. I ordered and paid for it on 10/27/2018.

After 2 weeks, I called multiple times to see where my product was and was continually told that it was on the way. Finally, after waiting a month, enough was enough, I called and wasted another hour of my time only to have the product re-ordered on 11/21/2018. Once again, a month later, I had not received my order. Finally, after fighting a few more times with customer service.

The product arrived in late December. After working out of town for a month, I attempt to connect the Netgear to my system and wouldn't you know it, it's not compatible. On Feb 1st, I sent an email requesting a refund or RMA to return the product. I received an email stating that I need to try technical support.

I responded to the email stating that I did not need support as it was not compatible, I just need to return it. Silence. I then called Customer support on 2/4 and requested to return my product. They stated that it was beyond the 30 day policy and would not provide me with a return.

I then requested to speak to a Manager. After being placed on hold for 30 minutes, the Manager Ken stated that they have a 30 day policy that they had to adhere to and would not accept it for replacement. My point to him was that Dell could take my money, then take over 60 days to get me my product after wasting at least 2 hours of my time sorting things out. Then refused to take the return despite knowing that I can get it returned through my credit card company or Netgear.

Rather than helping their customer return an item they said would work and didn't, something that others are willing to do, Dell would rather just have another dejected and dissatisfied customer.

It is for this reason that I am posting on this message board and elsewhere, to warn other customers not to waste your time. I will no longer buy any more Dell products!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Customer Care.

Dell Cons: Wasted my time & money due to their gross negligence.

• Dell Problems