2.7
Style and Design

What started as a simple purchase of a new 32" 4k Monitor from Dell, went south very rapidly and was worsened by Dell's atrocious customer support and after sales support.

I purchased a new 32" 4k LCD Dell Monitor - the product itself is very good.

Then 30 days after I purchased it, a thin vertical pixel line appeared on the display and after hours of the phone to Dell, eventually the matter was escalated to Holland Winfield (CSMB Escalations Manager), who essentially told me that the relationship between Dell and their reseller was dissolved and since I purchased the monitor from an ex-reseller, I was on my own. I advised that this was contrary to the ACCC mandatory manufacturers requirements but received no joy.

Left voicemails, emails - no reply.

Eventually gave up and tried another contact in Dell, who immediately overnighted a replacement monitor and took the old one back.

Very distressed with Dell Customer Support

Preferred solution: A simple appology from Dell and an investigation into Holland Winfield CSMB Escalations Manager reports.

I didn't like: Customer service, Refund policy.

Comments

Too bad you lost...

could you kindly provide me with this alternative contact as I am now interacting with this obnoxious Holland Winfield character whom at best is an oxygen thief.

I look forward to meeting him or his representation in front of a magistrate.

to Anonymous #1119553

Wow and I thought I was alone in this. Apparently this Holland Winfield has a reputation for spitting in the face of the Australian Consumer Law (and he is the "legal resolutions manager" apparently).

He needs to lose his job asap, for Dell's sake and their customers. I would love to know how this turned out with you.

I would suggest complaining to fair trading, the more complaints they receive about the one person, the more likely he will be investigated and reprimanded for his actions.