Usability

I am very displeased with the service I have received from Dell on multiple levels. On 04/12/16 my old Dell laptop died. I’d had it since 2010 and it gave me years of service. I have purchased several laptops after that from Dell as gifts for my daughter and Boyfriend and NEVER have I experienced the lack of customer service I have experienced since April 12 2016.

I ordered a laptop from Dell in the morning (around 9am) on April 12 2016 – when I rec’d the order confirmation I realized I’d ordered the wrong one (not enough memory) – the Email I rec’d stated estimated delivery dated was 05/11/16 so I figured I had til lunch time, at least, to cancel the order. I called Dell at 1 (800) 624-9897 and was transferred around and placed on hold. During my hold time an automated message explained I could get faster service if I contacted Dell chat on line. So at 12:20 PDT I logged onto Dell and got an agent immediately. I explained my problem and she transferred me to chat at the Department that could cancel my order. The agent I was transferred to sent a message saying he would be with me “in the next few minutes” . Ten minutes passed without anything from the agent, during this time I tried to provide the info the last agent had asked for to expedite the process, but he never actually chatted with me and while I was still waiting, I got a text saying my device had shipped. When I typed that fact into the chat box, the agent disconnected. I couldn’t believe it.

I then called back Dell support at 1 (800) 624-9897 and waited a long time to speak to an agent – I finally got to speak to an agent and I explained what happened- she said there was no way to stop the shipment (which took less than 4 hours from the time I ordered it to the time it shipped) and she said once the lap top was delivered, they could send a shipping label for the return. The email I received from the agent said my case would be followed up on. I did get several calls over the next few days asking if I’d received my laptop.

I had to call again to get a shipping label and the agent I spoke to was very rude, kept talking over me and even tho I’d confirmed the purchase ID number twice, she still kept inputting it incorrectly and was angry with me that she could not pull up the right information. I finally got the label emailed to me on April 25, 2016 and was told that it could take 30-45 days for my refund. The money was credited to my account on May 12th 2016 and I ordered the correct laptop that day. It shipped the next day and I received it May 15th 2016.

I spent most of the evening of the 15th trying to get the machine to connect to the internet. It kept giving me an error message. I unplugged and rebooted wireless router multiple times as well as restarting the machine. It just kept saying “can not connect to the internet right now”. I tried again the morning of the 16th with the same results and would up having to call Dell support at 1 (800) 624-9897 yet again that evening. I was transferred to an agent who spent FOUR HOURS on the phone with me trying various methods of connecting. My phone, our TV and 2 other laptops in the home were able to connect to the wifi during this time. The agent actually sent me an email while I was on the phone with him which I received thru my wifi internet connection.

After 4 hours the agent decided we weren’t going to be able to fix the problem and told me I’d have a new laptop in 7-10 days and that box would contain a shipping label for returning the non working laptop. It has been 17 days now and the agent told me last night it could be 5-7 more business days before a new device would ship. I asked him to just send a shipping able but he did not respond.

I’m appalled at the amount of time it is taking to fix this mess. I’ve been without a laptop since April 12th and at this rate it will be July before I get a new one.

I don’t know if there is anything Dell can do for me to regain my trust, I’m seriously disgusted with Dells cavalier approach to resolving my issues when I worked diligently from the beginning, followed all Dells instructions and am still completely screwed.

I caved in a requested a refund 06/01/16- which of course I've not recieved

This reviewer shared experience about "never ending bad service product " and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Dell. The most disappointing about dell customer care from Dell was not having a laptop for 2 months thanks to dell , but reviewer liked having a laptop. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dell.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare Dell to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1170023

At least you got to talk to people in India.