My XPS 8900 Dell Desktop has a set of mysterious problems that Dell can't do anything about.It often won't "wake up" after sleeping and needs to be powered down to restart; the monitor sometimes freaks out, flashing on and off till the computer is powered down; the monitor sometimes goes black for several seconds, then continues to behave normally.

Related: Adan On Offerup Dell Computer Review

I'm on my 10th service call using my "premium support" package. Each time a different person patiently fiddles around thru remote connect for an hour or so, promises a follow-up call, and wishes me a good day.

And rinse and repeat.Does anyone have any advice on how I might break out of this cycle?

Review about: Dell Xps 8900 Desktop Computer.

I liked: Politeness of technicians.

I didn't like: Repeated ineffective attempts to correct my problem.

3.5
Usability
Style and Design
Ease of Use
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Dell Desktop Computer
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

h.kitchener

I assume you have Windows 10.If you upgraded from Win 7, then you made a mistake, mate.

You can go back to Win 7, you know. If Win 10 came with your machine, you need to do some research online for the problems you are experiencing. For example, for the screen flashing, go to:

In general, it sounds like you have some serious conflicts with software like anti virus or you could have a bad graphics card, who knows. You have to research each and every problem you are experiencing.

If the problems suddenly appeared, then you need to look at what programs/software you installed just prior to the problems occurring.

You could try just doing a recovery and re-installing everything as from when you originally got the machine.For a Dell, try this link: