I placed an order with Dell and was promised delivery within a week.The computer was never shipped.

In fact, it was never in stock.

Bad enough, but my need was urgent and I was strung along for the better part of two weeks by customer service reps who claimed the desktop computer I ordered was in the final stages of production and would ship soon.

I have a long personal and business history with Dell and have purchased a significant number of computers from the company during the last 15 years.My early experiences were very positive, but those who purchase a Dell computer today can expect the worst in customer treatment.

Review about: Dell Desktop Computer.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

#532063

Clearly you had a frustrating experience and while I sympathize, I feel the need to say that I bought a new Dell desktop in May and a laptop in July and they were delivered quickly with no problems. :)

Asus Ethics, just a show off. Asus "I've bought an Asus laptop and it crashes as soon as it gets Windows updates. I Tried to recover, re-install, hide driver updates, etc.. didn't work and 3rd day of..." Read more Worldwide TechServices - ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED MY ALIENWARE $3500 COMPUTER!!! Worldwide TechServices "The first guy came and fixed the laptop but damaged it cosmetically. Then they sent a completely nasty bizarre fellow to do a very simple job. He took apart the..." Read more Micro Center - Worst customer service at westbury, NY- CSR - ALI L Micro Center "I went in store traveling 15 miles to get free micro SD card and he started asking me questions that I felt were very inappropriate. I felt he(ALI L) was..." Read more Dell - Bait and Switch Advertising Dell "I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery. I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no..." Read more Safe Step Tub - Never so dissapointed! Safe Step Tub "I was told by the Manager/Supervisor of *Safe Step Walk in Tubs Canada* that if I said anything about this that I would be charged with slander...how can the truth..." Read more Kenneth Cole - WALLET DEFECTED ,WITHOUT USING IT WAS TORN Kenneth Cole "WORST PRODUCTS....INFACT SPURIOUS MATERIAL USED..... NO COMPARISON WITH MK OR WITH COACH...KENNETHCOLE REACTION ....A BIG NO TO KENNETHCOLE REACTION... THE COMPANY HAS NO ANSWER.....THEY SAY GET IT REPAIR FROM A..." Read more Guardsman - The worst shopping experience of my life Guardsman "I am extremely let down by Guardsman and Nebraska Furniture Mart. I feel very taken advantage of. I saved money to purchase a leather sectional and purchased the protection plan...." Read more American Red Cross - Hurricane Relief Lies from the Red Cross American Red Cross "In August 2017 , Southern Texas was hit with Hurricane Harvey. While this hurricane did not produce high winds , it did , drop tremendous amounts of rain that buried..." Read more