Ease of Use
Style and Design

(•‿•)

WHY IS THIS WOMAN SO HAPPY?

Because she didn’t buy a DELL computer, that’s why. Don't believe everything a review says and consider what’s what's motivating the author to write. I’m an educator. A full Professor at a fine university. Each morning I get out of bed hoping to share knowledge with people; to teach them. Go on your computer and google any product. It’s almost impossible to find an honest, objective, review these days. Internet ADs looking like serious reviews, bring money and while they can look quite real, they are in fact, fake. Never has there been a clearer case of buyer beware. See real reviews for yourself on the consumer complaint sites: Pissed Off Consumer, Ripoff Report, Hissing Kitty - any of them. At best, Dell’s corporate ethos is an illusion. Their machines in my experience have been consistently inferior to the competition. Their customer service is the worst I've encountered, and that is surpassed only by their incompetent technicians, who took a working computer of mine and rendered it useless. No regret, no shame, no reimbursement, no acceptance of responsibility. Perhaps Dell’s Board and Management (all of whom have been informed) are playing golf in Texas because where it comes to their business they clearly don’t have their eye on that ball.

It could not be more evident that DELL doesn’t care about its customers. Their advanced resolution team is a joke. They could not so much as resolve a schoolyard argument. Amidst all this DELL does not honor its warranty.

Do yourself a favor and turn to Lenovo (best screens in the business), or HP. I have the Lenovo 910 which is superb and the HP 360 which is also a fine choice. With both companies there is a stark difference in the consumer’s experience. Lenovo and HP are excellent; where DELL will provide shock and awe with the absurdity of its business practices; this company, in my opinion just can’t be trusted. Sure, I've seen their reviews and rankings. Like I said, don't believe everything you read. How this company conducts business will leave you numb. More and more frequently on the web we're seeing advertisements masquerading as reviews. So, when DELL’s XPS 15 ends up on a top three list, I have a lot of questions. Under what condition was it tested? Was the “study” funded in any way by DELL? Who Wrote the review? What’s the fail record for the XPS? Does DELL refuse to honor its warranty with all its computers or does it just turn a blind eye to the Inspirion? You should put very little trust in these reviews and proceed with caution. There are better sources. Amazon lays all the consumer reviews out there, five stars to one and it is a corporate giant. I should know, I've been studying Communication and its systems of delivery for over 30 years. Dell received over 100 emails from me and senior management sent not so much as a postcard. Putting it colloquially, Michael Dell and Karen Quintos (and the rest) didn't raise a finger to help. I laugh every time I read DELL has a Vice President for Customer Care. So, you can buy a headache, or you can purchase a very satisfying experience from a company you can trust. Your choice. We have 3,000 hits on an earlier piece I did on Dell. Please join the campaign. Forward this review to a friend and ask that they forward it to their neighbor, and that the neighbor sent it to a friend in London or Ireland. You get the idea. Maybe several hundred thousand or one million hits will get Dells attention. In the meantime, buy a Lenovo or HP. Wouldn’t you like to laugh like the woman you “met” at the start of this discussion? #NeverDellNever

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: What was being reported as true.

I didn't like: Discovering truth is not a high prioriority at dell.

Comments