1.6
Ease of Use

I own a Dell Computer. A year ago, I signed up for their "Concierge Service" -- which is a prepaid technical support service.

I renewed the service a few weeks ago. After that, I had a technical problem and called Dell on a Sunday. After several hours, Dell was unable to resolve the issue. We agreed that they would call me back at 7 PM (my time) on Monday.

They never called on Monday. They called on Tuesday afternoon. My computer is at my home. They called me when I was at work, so I could do nothing at that time to resolve the problem.

I explained this to the Dell employee who apologized for the broken service commitment (Monday call), and we rescheduled for Wednesday at 7 PM. They never called on Wednesday. They called on Thursday afternoon. I had the same conversation again, and expressed my disappointment with TWO failed service commitments.

A call was scheduled for the weekend. They did call on the weekend, although a bit later than scheduled. I had already resolved the problem without their assistance, although it had taken one week to get to that point. They said they would close the case.

Then I got a call soliciting payment to renew my Concierge Service for a second year. The Dell employee, at my request, researched the renewal I had paid for a few weeks before, and confirmed that I had another year already paid. This is just another example of technological incompetence at this "technology company." Since then, I have had several emails from Dell saying that they had tried to call me on the case that I had asked to be closed. Each time I make it clear that the matter has been resolved, and that I do NOT want a further response.

They have responded over and over again, saying that they are still trying to contact me to resolve the case I have closed. Getting Dell to stop emailing me or claiming to have called me (they have not, in fact, called) is like trying to get rid of Herpes. No matter how many times I ask that this case be closed and that Dell does NOT email me about it, they still send me manual (not automated) responses. Concierge Service is supposed to help the customer, not harass the customer.

If you want to deal with people who either (1) do not understand English or (2) cannot honor a simple request to close an open case and NOT response, then Dell would be a good fit for you. However, if you think that a technology company should be adept enough to (1) close and case and (2) not respond when asked not to respond, then avoid Dell as you would avoid Herpes.

Review about: Dell Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Close the case and do NOT contact me further about it.

I didn't like: Service, Customer support - lies, Service and product, Failure to meet service commitments, Failure to close a matter.

Comments