I purchased a Dell computer approximately 18 months ago with a 3 year warranty. In December 2010 it stopped working, I contacted Dell who said for a one off fee an engineer would come on site to repair; I duly paid the fee, the engineer turned up, but was unable to repair the computer as was the 3 subsequent engineers who arrived to try and repair it.

Eventually they decided to take it for repair, they have now had it for 20 working days and I cannot get a response as to when I will have it returned to me, apparently they are unable to repair it.. People promise to call back and forget. surely I should have received a computer that works by now?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Review about: Dell Laptop.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments

You may want to consider contacting some or all of the following: better business bureau, or your Attorney General Consumer fraud or compliants division. If there is a brick and mortar dell repair site nearby you can also consider filing a small claims court suit; it's setup for the lay person. I've also experienced a crash with my new high-end Dell and very poor support - I had to take it to an independent shop to be repaired