1.4

I placed an order for LCD for my Dell XPS 17 laptop on October 24, 2014 through one of their sales department in India.The person who helped me to place the order, his name is Amith M in EnA Sales Team (Ext.

4161398). I received the Order on November 3rd 2014 and realized that the screen they sent me does not fit in my laptop, I was charged $154.37 for it. I called Amith right away, and told him the situation, and he told me to take photos of my laptop and screen and send them to him via email. He was supposed to reply me back with the resolution in next couple hours regarding how long it will take them to send me correct part and the returning information, and I never heard anything from them, until I called them 24 hours later.

I called to Dell on November 4th around 9PM Pacific time, to find out the status and Amith told me that someone else supposed to call me back with the resolution, so I asked him if I could speak with the supervisor. He transferred my call to the supervisor, and I explain him the situation and his reply was, “I apologize for your inconvenience, but the part that fits in your laptop, currently we do not have it in stock, and it will take 5 weeks for it to get to you. Also, it’ll cost you $267 plus tax and shipping.” So, I asked him, why did you guys send me the wrong part to begin with and why are you guys going to charge me almost the double amount that I paid in the beginning, and he did not answer to those questions, instead he said, that’s all he can help me out with. I asked him his full name, his team name and his phone extension, but his reply to that was, “Dell does not allow us to disclose any of our pesonal information, including our last name, team name, and the extension.” The only information I could get out of him was his first name, which is Midhun and the resolution department phone number.

So, I called the number he provided on November 5, 2014 and talked with the gentleman name Rufus Burugu, and I asked him about Dell policy regarding disclosing your contact information and he said that the supervisor lied to me and there is no such policies in place. I tried to file complaint toward that supervisor, but Rufus could not locate his name, so I think the supervisor gave me a fake name. To file my complaint, I was transferred 6 different times to different department, and was unable to talk with higher authority, the 7th time some lady decided to help me and filed the complaint and transferred me to Resolution department I believe, to return my part. They told me that it will take 30 to 40 days to return my money.

I have never had this bad customer service ever in my entire life, and Dell is trying to scam me by sending me the wrong part and then trying to charge me double for the part that fits on my laptop, and on top of that telling me that I will have to wait a month and a half to receive that part.Also, if I just want the refund rather than exchanging the part, it will also take a month and a half to get my money back.

Review about: Dell Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I want a sincere apology behalf of there sales department and would like a correct part for my laptop for the amount I originally paid as soon as possible..

I didn't like: Customer service, Refund policy.

Had an Experience with Dell?

Comments